Anyone familiar with the 2005 John Deere 5310?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by EdLongshanks, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I think that there is a antique farm machinery show in Illinois every year.

HuntressOfLight likes this.
  2. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Thank you very much. If within S. Illinois, I would be interested. Not too keen upon traveling into N. Illinois for one (went just outside of Chicago a few times as a small child, didn't care for it...). I do recall having previously expressed interest in attending an antique tractor show, maybe a year ago. You and some others were talking about some big truck tractor pull thingie around here, I think, and either you or another intended to work it. Didn't seem to be my kind of thing, although I'm sure that I would have had much fun, while the antique tractors float my boat.

I've watched that video a few times now, trying to decide which one I would like to own. Hard decision, because I like a few of them, but there is one that looks most like an oversized carriage in which I am rather drawn to, indeed. Even though I should not do so, I would strip and repaint it a most beautiful color.

3. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    And again! May be the fifth time I've watched! :D

I like that one toward the end, beginning at the 9:03 mark. I would not drastically change the paint scheme. I would have it a copper, gold, green and brown all nicely done, too. Might add one accent of burgundy here and there as jewelry but very subtle. Too bad it could not be paraded down Daytona Beach afterwards, due to the saltwater, because that would be total blast.:cool:

Too bad the video fails to list the various tractors. Would be interested in learning about each, but especially that one.

4. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    National Farm Machinery Show and Tractor Pull is in Louisville in February every year. It was cancelled this year

5. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I used to love to go there.

Feedman likes this.
  6. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    2021 NATIONAL FARM MACHINERY SHOW RESCHEDULED
    By
    Natalina Sents
    12/8/2020
    Photo credit: National Farm Machinery Show
    Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the 2021 National Farm Machinery show has been rescheduled from February to March 31-April 3. The event held in Louisville, Kentucky, is the largest indor farm show in the U.S. and has been a tradition for 55 years.

Registration will be required to attend the 2021 show. Attendees will have to select a day to attend in advance.

National Farm Machinery Show has adopted the following new procedures to reduce the spread of COVID-19:

• Every attendee will be required to register for the show, submitting their name and contact information for contact tracing and attendance management.
    • Capacity will be limited to allow for 36 square feet of space per person at any given time.
    • The trade show will be conducted in a hybrid model to allow for both in-person and virtual attendance.
    • Facial coverings will be required for everyone in attendance.
    • Increased hand sanitizer and handwashing stations will be available throughout the property.

7. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Absolutely none of their business. The Commies won't be receiving my money.

8. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    This is a promo published just 22 hours ago for one antique tractor show taking place in Arizona today. Haven't watched it yet, because a website for yet another antique tractor show closer in Tennessee simultaneously caught my attention, and being a Republican state, I doubt that it will be messing with any Commie invasion of privacy contact tracing...

Simply posting the summer one over in Sweetwater, TN, because I know exactly where it happens to be, realizing its closeness to that blackberry farm I wish to visit, and it did not cancel due to the CommieCooties scare last year. It has even had an antique Bessemer Engine operating the oil well pump in the past. Many videos upon their website of antique tractors and more exist.

https://fendersshow.com/

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  9. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    LOL... :D
    Good ole E TN humor "rite cheer"
    I love it !

The 2020 show gallery...

"...Keep one cow apart..."

That was their answer to the CommieCooties :):cool: