Anyone else happy that it's fall?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by wvboy, Sep 8, 2015.

1. wvboy

wvboy Fawn

Oct 20, 2014
    rowan, ky
    I'm feel like a kid waiting on Christmas to get here! This is my favorite time of year: hunting, fishing, leaves change, football, and fantasy football all rolled up. Nothing beats waking up early and hopefully getting what you went out for. Then you come home process your kill while watching the games, drink a cold one, and hopefully making a couple bucks off fantasy. Best time of the year! I have had a big grin on my face for the last couple of weeks.

2. KYDEERCHASR

KYDEERCHASR 10 pointer

Aug 29, 2005
    marion county
    I wont truly be happy till I can grab me a sweatshirt out of the closet....

3. corndogggy

corndogggy 12 pointer

Jul 20, 2005
    Well, let's see... it's about the hottest and dryest it's been all summer, pollen count is through the roof, this is always a slow time of year for business sales for me, and the Johnson grass is growing faster than I can cut the stuff...

nope I'm not real happy about it right now. Ask again 3rd week of October. Right now is the worst part of summer as far as I'm concerned.

4. bluesteel

bluesteel 6 pointer

Aug 11, 2013
    You may want to revisit your calendar. It's not Fall yet.

5. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I haven't seen anything that looked like Fall yet.

6. ratamahatta

ratamahatta 6 pointer

Jan 17, 2010
    Kain-tuck-ee
    Some leaves falling, but still hot, grass ain't looking to good, which is typical.

7. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    I don't want to usher in fall any sooner than I have to. Fall only means one thing...That winter is coming. And winter sucks.

8. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    Ah yes, I have really enjoyed these past 8 days of 90+ degrees. Makes you want to cook up a big pot of chili and build a small fire in the fire place.

9. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    We've been laying a gas line in West Virginia for the last week and a half, got about 4 hours work in the morning and we're finally done in that God forsaken crap hole of a place. Let's see, it's been at least 174 degrees and 400% humidity every day. Add to that a couple millions skeeters, spiders, 2 rattlesnakes, a half dozen copperheads (and that's just the ones we saw) and nah.....not fall. I can't wait for a good hard freeze to get rid of all the crawly stuff out in the woods.

10. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Yeah, if you are going Coyote hunting better watch where you sit down. Snakes are out in force. Friend has killed 51 Copperheads cruising the roads at night . good snake is a dead snake.

11. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    This weekend will feel a little more like Fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. jlkess02

jlkess02 Spike

I love fall but by the time you realize it's here, it's gone.

13. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Fall is my favorite season of the year ... period.

Which to most this won't sound too weird ...but to me it's the familiar smells in the air that just triggers something. Their firing a few tobacco barns around me .... been smelling that pretty regular lately. Drive by several freshly picked cornfields ... some already disked for wheat. Wet leaves and the smell of the woods in general starting to change a little.

So ... no.... by the calendar & temps ...it's not feeling like it. But it's close and just stirs the blood a bit to know what's ahead concerning time afield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    I know what you mean about those fall smells. Freshly shelled corn gets me nostalgic every time.

But, my hatred of winter really jades my view of fall. I know it is silly, and that I should just enjoy fall, but I can't ever bring myself to do it. I know that winter is on it's way, and it ruins it for me.

My wife tells me I go into a seasonal depression every winter, and I believe she is right. The cold and the short days of winter get to me every year. I try to do a lot of hiking and camping in the winter months, which helps some, but it is only a temporary fix until the first warm days of spring approach.

15. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Fall is by far my favorite season. Nothing better. I actually love the winter as well. I will say that after January 1, I wish it would immediately change into mid-spring.