Anyone else a fan of Rada Cutlery?

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by Lady Hunter, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Doug 16

Doug 16 Spike

Jun 7, 2020
    New york
    Just saw a older tim farmer country kitchen where they were using them.

Lady Hunter likes this.
  2. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    That's pretty neat. And a pretty good recommendation! I've got the cheese knife on order - it should be here today. And I ordered "the kid" a starter set for Christmas.

3. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    when sharping a filet knife, i filleted, a piece of my little little finger., the skin has grown back, least i point it to you, ya wouldnt notice. the feeling came back also, sometime, much later. on the same hand, i poked, the tip of a fillet knife, under my thumb, in the palm area. bout a i/2 inch, the blood was squirting, from my palm, up in the air. i just put pressure on the cut, an it quit after a while.
    a dull knife, will cut ya twice as much, as a sharp one.
    an, on the side, dont let me sharpen your knives, least ya like blood on the floor, an the walls, maybe the ceiling. :):D:D

4. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Funny you should mention that last part. My husband was sharpening our hunting knives this past weekend & one started to fall. Not thinking he grabbed it by the blade as it was going down.... Yep. It was one he'd already mostly sharpened. Had a helluva blood trail leading from the living room to the bathroom where I was able to get him patched back up!

00noturkey likes this.
  5. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    Never underestimate the power of plastic, to stop a blood flow., works better than most things. cigarette, plastic, on, the pack, or, the the box, works better, than any cotton, or material, you can get. its anti-absorbent.
    somethings can encourage blood flow. some female products, for example. i know its morbid, to think this way., but, i like to cover the bases. i might write a script for a movie someday. as if.
    Heavy Flow, least 5 liter's., for the Vic.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  6. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Slapped a non-stick teflon pad on it, wrapped it up with electrical tape & went on! Worked like a charm! Pretty much the same thing we did when I took my fingertip off - just "going on" wasn't an option at that point because I was in too much pain. I swear that finger felt every movement of my body until those nerve endings settled down, it even hurt to breath!!!

00noturkey likes this.
  7. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    Don’t discount woman’s feminine products. I have filled more then one bullet hole with a tampon. Works great.

barney likes this.
  8. Tankt

Tankt 8 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    :eek::eek::eek:

Care to explain?

9. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Pads also work great to cover/protect blistered hands. Just sayin'.

10. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    ha ha, well;
    i like jokes, one liners are the best. when ya get a chance, better go for it.
    When i worked HVAC., sometimes, i had to be a helper for the plumbers. a small family company, though 4 generations.
    Once, we, the plumbers, had to unclog a drain, in St. Matthews. thats when i learned of sewer mice.
    for those that dont know, a length, of, maybe absorbent cotton, with a string attached. got 75 out. the lady at the house said, "we had a party last week". i said "musta been some bitching party".
    wasnt even near moon sign. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    i did keep a strait face, till two driveways down the road. for i lost it.

11. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    Retired paramedic. We carried them in our trauma bags.

12. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    they had a duster, i swear, looked like a pad, cut with those zig-zag scissors, with a stick for a while.

13. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Talk to me about some older carbon steel knives to look out for. Brands, Type, and anything else i need to know. Im purging my chinese stuff as i pickup higher quality knives. I currently have newer victorinox,, wusthof, and rada knives but looking to pickup some quality older carbon steel as well.

14. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Victorinox are good knives. Im a fan of old hickory for carbon steel. I find alot at yard/rummage sales. Usually dirt cheap. Just have to dig thru some junk sometimes

00noturkey likes this.
  15. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    Got several old hickory. Just can’t put them in dishwasher. That good high carbon metal will rust.