Anybody see any snakes today while deer hunting

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by OLE RASPY, Nov 10, 2019.

1. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Dang weather crazy. I don’t guess I’ve ever seen any in November. I killed one today on my blacktop driveway and when me and wife went to our farm today deer hunting walking back bushhogged lane we saw 2 more snakes laying in the sun on that lane and I was gonna pull my trail cam card and download pics while in stand and look at them but got over to tree which was in full sun and wasp all over the tree just hanging out. I said forget that shit. lol. And when we got back to truck tonight wife had a tick on her shirt sleeve. Just crazy. Never witnessed this before this late in year.
    She asked me what kind of snake it was I killed at home and I said hell idk they all rattlesnakes far as I’m concerned. Lol. I guess it was a garder snake but the ones at my farm was different they were black and yellow. I hate allllll snakes. Can’t tell any ofem apart. Lol

JR in KY and Junglekat like this.
  2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Well still plenty of bugs so I’m sure a snake or two can crawl. My cuz killed a snake with skiffs of snow on the ground in late December a few years ago. Myself, I was in the ladder stand a few years back and kept hearing something below me but never could figure out what it was finally saw two terrapins/box turtles crawling around trying to burrow in the leaves. Same scenario, there were skiffs of snow where it had snowed and it was starting to melt.

OLE RASPY likes this.
  3. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Bats were flying tonight. My bees were very active today as well. Actually getting pollen from somewhere.

OLE RASPY likes this.
  4. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    It was almost 60 degrees today wasn’t it?

OLE RASPY likes this.
  5. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    I had a wasp land on my binoculars today.

6. mac0492

mac0492 8 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    67 in Bowling Green, better hold on for the roller coaster ride after tomorrow

7. saw a snake skin in a field today

8. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Saw a pretty black snake this afternoon as I was walking up the point to my ladder stand. He/she was a good one.

9. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    64 here

10. Velvet ears

Velvet ears 6 pointer

Nov 6, 2013
    West KY
    Had mosquitoes buzzing me Saturday afternoon right at dark.

11. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Bats everywhere this evening!
    Even in my belfry.

12. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    I haven’t seen any bats or skeeters

13. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Biggest rat snake I ever saw was 2nd weekend of gun season in 2013. We had a warm spell and it was stretched out on a ridge. Moving real slow and skinny as anything. We killed about a dozen wasps at deer camp Sunday night.

14. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    I've actually only seen ONE Snake this year. In my area and on my property, we see very few Snakes, even though we have lots of woods around our property. I think the young Snakes are eaten by Hawks and Turkey, but while Squirrel Hunting, during the Summer Months; I am always aware and on the lookout for Copperheads.