Anybody Make Their Own Crankbaits?

bullet225ho

6 pointer
Oct 25, 2004
Crooked Creek
Hey folks, anybody make there own lures here? I've dabbled in plastic pouring and some crankbait carving. Crankbaits seemed too hard to keep everthing symetrical from one bait to the next. I decided to start machining them. I put some on Ebay to see if anybody is interested.

bullet225ho

6 pointer
Oct 25, 2004
Crooked Creek
balsa bait body's

Here's what I have so far. These are good for making flat sided cranks. just need to add bills and hook hangers then paint. This is a 2 3/4 X 7/16 bait. I have 2 more flat sides at the moment, but could make about any shape really.

Picture%20034.jpg

Killroy

8 pointer
Apr 18, 2007
in a hospital
i started making some just a few weeks ago. i just carve them out of a nice sassafrass stick with a sharp knife. i use little eye screws from wallmart. for the bills i use any thin peice of plastic available. you dont really need expensive equipment and expensive parts. i started making big stickbaits and caught about 30 blues in alabama on one i made out of cedar three screw eyes and silver spray paint. :cool:

taxidervin

Spike
Sep 20, 2002
Making Crankbaits

Bullet 225: You have a great start. Once you have your pattern down then you have to paint them. Airbrush. I have some experience in both if you need some help. I am a graphic designer and taught commercial art for 16 yrs. I have made some balsa crankbaits and have some knowledge around this.
taxidervin

Latest posts