Anybody Killing Any Yotes

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by BIG DADDY, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Marmot_Militia

Marmot_Militia 6 pointer

Aug 31, 2005
    Eastern KY yotes

Gentlemen,
    Has anyone tried DBNF for yotes? I've been trying to see a deer in Jackson County but no luck, so I thought I'd try for some yotes.

Any suggestions?

I see some on the way to DBNF southeast of South Irvine, but not in the woods.

Maybe I'm in the wrong spot.

MM

2. buckmaster357

buckmaster357 Fawn

Oct 25, 2005
    Its fun trying to shot those bad boys during deer season. They are speedy little devils. I'm from ohio so during deer season we can only use shot guns, or pistols.

3. buckmaster357

buckmaster357 Fawn

Oct 25, 2005
    First find the area they are running in. Find a medium tree place 2 or 3 leg traps kinda close to the tree, tie the traps off to the tree, make sure you wear gloves and use a sifter to put the dirt over the traps, then tie your bait up the tree above ur head. I have used different baits. Usually dead animals I have found on the road, they love the rabbits. Take your bait and rub it all over the ground leading to the tree and traps. Make sure you check them every morning, they will chew their leg off. I hope this helps you out.