Anybody Killing Any Yotes

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by BIG DADDY, Aug 10, 2005.

1. BIG DADDY

BIG DADDY 6 pointer

Jan 6, 2005
    I was just woundering if anybody had been killing any. I took the summer off. Now I am getting the fall deer/turkey plot ready and haven't had a chance to get out with the call yet.

2. kycowboy

kycowboy Banned

Dec 11, 2004
    fuck off
    I've been meaning to try it I guess it's about time to start

3. Butch

Butch 6 pointer

Jul 8, 2005
    Richmond
    One ran behind the house yesterday but by the time I had my gun and out the house it had gone up the hill!

Butch

4. Red Baron

Red Baron Spike

Oct 31, 2004
    Central Bluegrass
    took one off back porch last saturday morning about 10. he was scouting out dried out pond. got him to stop with a squeeler. 270 yards .223. he was FULL of ticks but no mange.

5. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    just curious do you folks shoot every one of them that you can??????I have gotten a lease over in henderson county and its covered up with them???we just got 4 of them last year but they got smart quick. We didn't try calling them we got them while deer hunting.And one while turkey hunting this spring.You got any suggestions on calls because I want to wipe out all of them I can..Its kind of a spooky feeling walking to your stand an hour before daylight with nothing but a bow in your hand and them raising heck 100yds from you...

6. whitleycotrapper

whitleycotrapper 12 pointer

May 20, 2005
    Williamsburg, KY
    there are a lot of guys on here that would be willing to come to your place and trap them once deer season is over! Id be one of them starting January sometime:)

7. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    well its 271 miles from williamsburg to henderson, But if you get to somerset I will drive from here over there. I will talk to the other guys on the lease with me and see if they care I am sure they won't because they hate yotes also....

8. kycowboy

kycowboy Banned

Dec 11, 2004
    fuck off
    I will help get rid of them I live in Caldwell co. about 7 miles from Webster co. line

9. lab

lab I'm not a people person.

I laid the smack down on a young one yesterday afternoon. It was a young female that was in our cattle pasture. A shot from the .223 from about 230 yards flipped her. It was awesome to say the least. I will post pics tonight.

10. C.O.D.

C.O.D. 8 pointer

May 11, 2005
    Lex, KY
    haven't seen any 'yotes in my neck of the woods.

11. etownhunter

etownhunter 12 pointer

Mar 21, 2004
    Central ky
    Kill.

Shot my first one this morning. My Hunting buddy called him in for me, a dead run right towards us, took the shot at about 80 yards. AR 223. Bueatiful red coat! Love the feeling!! Very mature yote at that!

12. kevhunter

kevhunter Banned

Sep 16, 2004
    I killed 3 last year and missed a couple more. I have the best luck with mouth calls. Lohman Circe rabbit squealer, a good howler, rodent squeakers, all good calls to try. You wont wipe them out either, but it sure is fun trying. My friends and I killed six total last year all within a mile radius and there are still plenty more left. Good luck !!

13. FourSeasonsBowhunter

FourSeasonsBowhunter 6 pointer

Sep 11, 2002
    Cold Spring, KY, USA.
    Any change in the way you'd hunt them now versus in, say, February?

14. dan

dan Spike

Aug 4, 2005
    i kill a old female tueday morning it was try to catch my sq dog but ran into a load of #6s ha ha in law co ky:D :D :D

15. kevhunter

kevhunter Banned

Sep 16, 2004
    I wouldnt change much, and since there are some young ones now they are sometimes easier to call in. Last year was the first year that I really got serious about it and I expect to really get after them this year. I have taken one with a bow and I would like to try that again. Keep a mouse squeaker with you during archery season and if you see a coyote try to call him in to bow range with it or do lip squeeks on the back of your hand to get him in close.