Anybody hunt hogs?

Littlephil

Spike
May 15, 2016
Coshocton, Ohio
I believe you about how destructive they are for sure. I've seen a few small farm hogs get loose for a few hours before and couldn't believe how much they tore up in a short amount of time. I've seen pictures of damage to fields and woods from hogs coming through farmers properties down south and it's crazy how much just one bunch can tear up.

We supposedly have some in southern Ohio, but reports tend to be few and far between. I figure if can find some hogs somewhere and kill a few, that'll be a few less breeders to reproduce. Although from what I hear, they multiply like rabbits, or worse.

Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can find some public ground in or near those counties that my buddy and I can hunt one of these days.

Amanda

Fawn
Mar 29, 2016
Daviess County
I've heard Daniel Boone is a good place to find them but I don't wanna make that kind of drive and come home empty handed. I'm planning on scouting out some spots to deer/turkey hunt at Peabody tomorrow, I'm thinking about bringing my bow just in case I come across any coyotes or pigs.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Have probably saw 40-50 right off the road in Florida over the last couple weeks. Most were small, probably piglets, but they are definitely here!

Teach Deer

8 pointer
Aug 4, 2013
Georgetown
My father killed a big one several years ago in Greenup Co...big black boar with serious tusks which currently intimidates a wall in the master bedroom of my cabin in SE KY (D Mullins, on this forum was the taxidermist)...the property owner had out trail cameras and showed my brother (who worked with the owner's wife) and dad some pictures of the better bucks on the place and one boar...

Dad killed the boar on the opening day of gun season and took a big 10 point the next weekend...

To my knowledge, no other boar has been seen or photographed on that farm...

Littlephil

Spike
May 15, 2016
Coshocton, Ohio
I'm kinda surprised that just one boar hung around the property for that long @Teach Deer. From what I understand, feral hogs are pretty nomadic creatures, which is also why I'm surprised that they aren't more widespread. But regardless, it sounds like that was a good season for your dad!

Teach Deer

8 pointer
Aug 4, 2013
Georgetown
He had a really impressive season that year...I went with him to that farm the third weekend (I had already killed my buck) and we both harvested does and helped the farm owner track and retrieve a big 20" spread 8 pt that he shot...

Latest posts