Anybody have a stealth cam?

gobblergetter

8 pointer
Apr 21, 2008
boonville, Indiana
My dad just bought a stealth cam IR against my suggestion. I have a cuddeback IR and I am familiar with its workings so I suggested it instead. He had around $150 of credits at gander mt and they didn't have the cuddeback so he bought the stealth cam. Can anyone tell me anything about it good or bad?

Widgeon

Fawn
Mar 6, 2007
Western, KY
i have two of the stealth cam nomad IR they seem to work great. Battery life is long, trigger speed is a little slow but the pictures are very clear.

300winmag

12 pointer
Sep 1, 2009
Taylorsville
I have a Stealth Cam Rogue IR, and I love it. The only problem I've had is the plastic buckle on the strap broke after 3 weeks. But as far as picture quality,range, and battery life(1200-1400 pics per 8 c batteries), trigger speed is slow but if you set it up looking down a trail or on a food plot it works great. Overall I would highly recommend it.

bgdeerhunter

6 pointer
Aug 10, 2008
warren county
Seems to me like cams are like most everything else, if you get a good one you luv it and vise-versa. I started with stealth and liked them until they messed up and there service really sucked so I moved on to others

scrape

8 pointer
Jul 24, 2003
Manchester, ky.
Seems to me like cams are like most everything else, if you get a good one you luv it and vise-versa. I started with stealth and liked them until they messed up and there service really sucked so I moved on to others

Same here, Stealth Cam's are nothing but problems to come. I will do without before I buy another stealth.

We-Todd-Did

Spike
Dec 27, 2007
No problems with mine other than the operator. (push the %^$# card all the way in until it clicks!) I get an occasional overexposed pic at dawn or dusk but not often. I go 3 weeks on 6 C batteries.

Scott7m

12 pointer
Dec 20, 2007
Carter City, Ky
3 weeks and 1000 pics... Shewwww .... I replace the bats in my moultrie every 4-5 months.. And my scout guard 550s I'm not sure yet, got one that's takes 2500 pics and the batt shows 2/3

dinkman

6 pointer
Mar 19, 2007
Lexington, KY
Tape a quarter to the stealth and throw it in the river (that way you can say you lost something) got one for Chistmas last year infrared never has worked on the dang thing. I went out and bought 2 of the wildview cheaper flash cams and they have worked great all season. I've sent Stealth 2 emails and havent even gotten a response negative or positive.

slimshad

8 pointer
Oct 29, 2008
USA
I've heard a lot of people talk about battery life. I have a moultrie and it lasts all summer and into Feb. I have taken 2800 pics and it still says 78%. I guess the D cell batteries just last longer.

25-06

8 pointer
Apr 1, 2006
I bought a new Wildlife Innovations 4.0 IR model and it has been unbelievable...Over 2000 pics before a battery change and Sportsmans Guide has them on sale for $89 right now,I might have to get another!:)

Georgia Transplant

10 pointer
May 22, 2008
Western Kentucky
I've got one and I hate the Stealth Cam. The shutter speed is so slow that most deer have no heads. The bad thing is it is placed over Trophy Rock's and feeders where the deer will be standing for a while. I recently bought a Covert II and love this camera.

Last edited:

gobblergetter

8 pointer
Apr 21, 2008
boonville, Indiana
well, everyone seems split. I will say we set my dads up this past sat and when we were doing the test, it didn't seem to pick up movement as well as my cuddeback so I can see where deer heads may be cut off in the pics. We dumped 80 lbs of corn and plan on going back to check the cam this weekend. I guess we'll see. I hope for my dad it works okay. He only gets to hunt 2-3 days a year cause of his job and this seems to be the best way for him to get an idea of what is in the area. We'll see I guess.

Latest posts