You would think it's the most poisonous substance know to man, but after reading about it it seems it is NOT. Seems it was banned because of the very long half life, and its effect on eagle egg shells of Predator Birds, with it's banning pushed by the Tree Huggers. Found a few pounds and maybe going to use it to control Face Flies on cattle. The instructions say use 6 Tablespoons per Gallon. Don't sound very poison to me. 6 Tablespoons? Thats a lot. I used Ravap for many years, which is now banned. Great stuff. Permethrin is not very effective, even tripple the dosage.