any shed hunters?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by forddeerslayer, Feb 26, 2010.

1. forddeerslayer

forddeerslayer 12 pointer

Jun 26, 2009
    greenup/lewis co
    For those of you who dont have a bunch of snow down covering up any horns laying on the ground are you finding many new sheds? im coming down next weekend to go to the lewis co expo and to go shed hunting with my wifes cousin on a couple of properties. I was wondering if there is any new bucks dropping recently. by the way i figured someone would have posted something by now but dont forget about the lewis co expo all, on march 6-7. the paper said the new ky archery kill record is supposed to be there. im not sure what deer it is, im wondering if it beats the 243 5/8 deer i heard about tho.

2. gibsonoutdoors

gibsonoutdoors Fawn

Sep 8, 2009
    grayson county
    walked for miles today only to find tracks and a few scrapes that the deer are still using...? Drove the four wheeler around ever foot of feild on the farm only to find nothing. They are still packing here.:confused:

3. forddeerslayer

forddeerslayer 12 pointer

Jun 26, 2009
    greenup/lewis co
    i see, well hopefully they will be dropping soon. good luck if you can go out again.

4. shermanator

shermanator Fawn

Feb 19, 2006
    walked my place here in indiana today with nothing to show for it. seen an 8 point in the yard a couple days ago...

5. deepfryum

deepfryum 6 pointer

Feb 26, 2008
    shelby co. ky
    Going again today found 5 last week. Hope to have as much luck this week.

6. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    I have been twice but had no luck....:mad:

7. huntr467

huntr467 12 pointer

I have had good luck. I have found only 3 from this yr but a couple from past yrs and several skulls of either lost bucks or ehd kills. I have saw some bucks with one side and had 3 decent bucks in the back yard saturday eve that still had both sides. Still a tad early for the majority of this yrs bucks here in western Ky I think, but I go every weekend anyway, there is still a chance of finding previous yrs sheds and its a great time to be in the woods scouting.

8. littleindian

littleindian BBBC Members

Sep 16, 2003
    JAMESTOWN, KY, USA.
    We have found 2 so far.