Any Land surveyors on here

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by bigbonner, Sep 18, 2021.

1. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I have a 95 acre farm that was bought in several small tracts .
    All of the tracts have been surveyed but one 7 acre piece.
    My Question is.
    Is there anyone who could map these tracts out for me ?

2. mac0492

mac0492 8 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    Your best bet would be to get the surveyor of record (who did the other tracts) to do it. It’s always easier and typically faster and cheaper to get a surveyor who already has knowledge of the land or adjoining tracts to do it. Which county?

3. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Those surveyors are dead and long gone. I just need the tracts plotted out on paper.
    In the past I have had Justice in Mt Sterling plot surveys out map size but they must be out of business . We have called them several times to set up a time to do this but they don't answer the phone. It has been two years since we had one plotted out with them.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    00noturkey and mac0492 like this.
  4. Jmd

Jmd Spike

Sep 26, 2016
    There is an app,don't remember the name that will show the property lines for certain property.It shows the property by the owner as registered at the courthouse.

5. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I have already found the maps you two are talking about . It shows the outer property line.
    This place was bought years ago by my wifes grandfather little piece at a time. One is 39 acres and a couple 2 and three acres and some others in different size acres .
    I am wanting each piece mapped out so I can put the pieces together to see where each piece lays inside the property.
    Like the 39 acres is the first / homeplace and I want to know where it lays in the puzzle.

6. Mt Pokt

Mt Pokt 8 pointer

Nov 8, 2018
    Campbell County
    If it were me, I would have the whole thing surveyed, assuming they are contiguous.
    With the other surveys in hand, I imagine it wouldn't be terribly expensive.
    You have to be the owner of record of each parcel or they won't touch it.
    Of you just want a map showing everything, it might be worth reading along the chains, finding the points yourself, and plotting them on a map.
    Some smart phones are accurate within a few feet so you woild be close enough for a visual.

7. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    The farm all lays together and the out side fence is good . The interior fence lines have changed . Each tract lays inside the mapped boundary.
    I am just wanting to know where each tract is located inside the boundary . Like where the 39 acres lays on this land . The deed has around 7 different tracts purchased at different times and then added in.
    If I plot each tract out on paper , then they should all fit together like a puzzle. We own 1/3 and possibly working on getting more of it.

8. timer

timer 10 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    If you have a friend who is a realtor, I'd reach out to him. The real estate agents work with surveyors a lot and they can help get you on their calendar.

I had a survey run on a tract of land a few years ago where I had bought three or four additional parcels of land that join property I had inherited. It was a pain to get a surveyor and it cost a lot more than I had expected....but it was worth it.

9. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Can the PVA office help you, BB?

00noturkey likes this.
  10. Jmd

Jmd Spike

Sep 26, 2016
    The web site is onyx. It will give you the land boundary,which is under the owners name at the courthouse.

11. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I know the outside boundary . Just wanting to see how each piece purchased lays inside the boundary . PVA and ONYX only shows the outside as a whole.
    PVA and Onyx maps are not 100% correct. There are lots of farms/ land that are drawn wrong on those maps.

It is like you draw a big square and then put 7 little squares inside the big square . Each little square has different dimensions ( Acres) and are different in sizes. I want to see just how each square fits inside the puzzle.
    Each piece is surveyed and the deed contains 7 different surveys add onto the deed.
    There is one 7 acre piece that is not surveyed with this deed.

12. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Seems surveyors are in short supply. Dude told me it'd be 12 mths at the earliest he could get to me.

00noturkey likes this.
  13. Regulator623

Regulator623 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    I'm a licensed land surveyor, but no longer practice, my license is in retired status. Your project would be easy to do if the other pieces have already been surveyed...just a matter of generating a new plot of each from the surveyed descriptions, stitching them together and overlaying on a google type aerial image or a usgs quad map. I would help you out, but I don't have access to the needed software outside of work, both they and the board of registration really frown on moonlighting.

14. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    That is what I am needing .I wish you had the software to do it with.