Any fawns yet?

littlebear

12 pointer
Aug 21, 2007
the woods
Saw a couple the last few days while doing hay. Luckily they were up moving around so I didn’t hit any with the moco. I did hit a hen in some really thick stuff. I hate when that happens.

redlickranch

10 pointer
Dec 11, 2007
Bullitt County
Seeing a few...
fawn1.GIF
fawn2.GIF

I've only seen one so far. I had to move one of the cameras to the pond (beaver problems) and got lucky catching one walking by the overflow. I won't bush-hog the fields until August so the cameras there won't catch the little ones.

Deer with fawn pond cropped.jpg

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
My husband was cleaning out a bird feeder & went to dump the hulls across the fence & dropped them right on top of a fawn Saturday morning. It came up squalling & about scared the pants of off him. Heard it bleating behind the house later that afternoon.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
I just came in for lunch and I was mowing hay today. The very last round in the middle of a field I hit a baby and I say it would be lucky if it was a few days old.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
I just put the fear of God in a doe and fawn in my corn patch. No clear shots without perforating a building but maybe they’ll go live a long prosperous life until archery season.

Security lights have been working until this week. May have to put it on strobe.

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
I have Just completed my Spring first hay cutting, and I am very Pleased to say I did NOT hit a Fawn this year. Jumped up a total of 3.
And I didn't run through the fields banging on Pots and Pans. Maybe the Freight Train Horn did the trick.

But I never saw a single Hen Turkey the whole time. Not even a busted up nest. No Poults, No Hens.

Feedman

Cyber-Hunter
May 28, 2003
In the basement
I have Just completed my Spring first hay cutting, and I am very Pleased to say I did NOT hit a Fawn this year. Jumped up a total of 3.
And I didn't run through the fields banging on Pots and Pans. Maybe the Freight Train Horn did the trick.

But I never saw a single Hen Turkey the whole time. Not even a busted up nest. No Poults, No Hens.
We did not kill any fawns either JR in Ky, We found a hen that had been killed on the nest. It looked like she had been killed the day before we started mowing. Only busted one nest.
I heard a turkey gobble this morning just after daylight.

DH13

12 pointer
Jan 13, 2012
Shelby county
We have cut a total of 476 acs so far. Hit one Fawn and one Turkey on the nest. THANKFUL I didnt hit any. I hit a Fawn last year. Sure hate it when it happens.

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County

I got 3 on 200 acres. I effin hate it. I dodged 5 by miracles tho

Latest posts