Anti hunting and trapping bill in Kentucky

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by outdoorsman_33, Dec 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I did not want to say it but there are a bunch of law abiding folks that will resort to outlaw behavior when the law fails to work. I dont blame them either.

2. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    We old Hillbillies are not as dumb as you thought we were when you first "slid" into this forum. :D
    I had it figured out from day one. Your username was a dead give away.
    BTW, how do you feel about Trump?
    Popcorn sutton.jpeg

3. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Lol... Carl, the mountains where I spent a good portion of my youth make most of Kentucky's hills look like miniature ant mounds. I can tell you a thing or two about "hillbillies", for it all. Did you know that there exists extreme differences between mountain men and country boys? It is very true. As for both, some may seem less worldly than men from elsewhere; however, many possess important knowledge long forgotten, and in many instances never learned, by men from elsewhere. Due to such, you should not consider either to be "dumb". That stated, I most certainly do find men from Kentucky different from men in Tennessee, and in a variety of ways, but that may simply be due to my having been in East Tennesse verses West Kentucky, I surmise.

As for the username, it is nothing more than a reference to photography. :p

Another thing, it is President Trump. I was brought up to respect the Office of the Presidency, while protecting the U.S. Constitution. That stated, my money went in support of Ted Cruz, during the elections.

4. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Like I said, Kentucky's politics are mighty peculiar. I reviewed the senator's Twitter account, back through August, and failed to locate a reference to the bill, nor much else in which I considered to be of substance. I did notice that she posted a photograph, around August 25th or so, stating it was from "the lake house", showing nothing but windows and two bucks hanging upon the wall.

5. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    That's interesting. I would have imagined politics in Florida, Tennessee, and Georgia would have been peculiar as well. Being that all have big cities and large rural populations. Did you not find that to be the case when calling those states home?

6. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    No, probably because I have always been well acclimatized to each, spending part of a year within one, while another within one or both of the others, while frequently traveling elsewhere, as well. We native Floridians are long accustomed to being accused, by primarily blue states, of possessing off the charts bizarre laws, especially our gun laws. We do not really give a flying flute what they think, either. They hit us hard, being that we are a swing state. We tolerate and even welcome tourists, provided they return home.

7. katlynn

katlynn 6 pointer

Sep 20, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    My dog smells a snake...she
    My dog is smelling a snake...there is no mistaking her snake alert. Even my sniffer can smell this one.

8. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Lol...

9. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    It's not my fault Senator Adams was voted in by some of your people in that district. I, personally, seriously doubt that I would have voted for her.

10. _fletch_

_fletch_ 10 pointer

Jul 27, 2006
    Daviess Co. KY
    Definitely pro-abortion and anti-gun by her voting record. Now we can add anti-trapping to the list with this current proposal. I'm not surprised though. She is "Republican" only in title, as there is no place in urban areas such as Louisville or Lexington for conservative Republican politicians.

11. _fletch_

_fletch_ 10 pointer

Jul 27, 2006
    Daviess Co. KY
    I feel I should reiterate my earlier point, that I don't believe this is a personal crusade of hers. She was merely approached by an anti-trapping group with an agenda. I'm betting if enough people are reaching out to her and voicing their opposition with this bill, then hopefully it will be pulled before the January session begins.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  12. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    I just ran across a relevant news flash, accessing another site, via that furbearer.com link that I recently posted. Let me see if I can find it for you. Action from the U.S. Senate...

13. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky

14. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    This is the important portion:

15. _fletch_

_fletch_ 10 pointer

Jul 27, 2006
    Daviess Co. KY
    I'm not sure what your point is. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services is a different entity altogether from each state's Department of Natural Resources. I already know the organization as well as the name of the individual that is sponsoring this bill... the one who brought it to Julie Adams. I'm just not going to post it at this time. It's no big secret as the information is available on other trapping sites if a person wants to know. It has no connection with your post.