anti dog bill

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by Birdman, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    I talked with Rep. Tommy Turner this morning concerning the anti dog bill that Rep. Greg Stumbo filed. They didn't adjourn until 4 a.m. this morning. Greg and his wife were doing everything they could to pass this bill. Tommy and Senator Robin Webb lead the charge for dog owners in Ky. I've known Greg for years, I would have thought Greg would have been the last person in the house to file a bill like this but he did. If you own a dog, and your not in a club that will stand and fight for your rights to own and hunt dogs, you better join one as soon as possible because their coming back next year.

We won this round. You have quail clubs, grouse clubs, coon clubs beagle clubs and bear clubs in the state, if you don't know who to talk with get in touch and I'll put you in contact with one.

2. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    What was wrong with the amendment? It was supposed to be anti dog fighting in nature.

3. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    If you'll look at the law we have now addressing dog fighting, Greg added a paragraph to this bill (very slick I may add) while the last paragraph stated (in a nut shell) hunters were exempt during any lawful season with a hunting license. From talking with two lawers if this had pasted, and your dog gets loose and catches a rabitt out of season, your a felon. I sent emails, posted on this site asking people to contact their rep. very few made those calls. You may think that our rep. and senators don't pay any attention to these calls but they do. Folks if we don't wake up and get senators and rep. that looks at matters the way we do, we won't be hunting much longer. These antis are fighting hard in Ky. and their not going away if we don't run them out of the state.

4. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    I must've missed this completely because it's the first I've heard.

If this site needs anything it's a forum devoted solely to hunting rights/gun rights legislation to keep from having to wade through all the no related threads lumped together. It would allow us as a "hunting community" to stay more informed and communicate more effectively.

5. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    This sounds familiar!!! Remember the good ole days!!!!! Cyberhunters

6. Bee

Bee 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    Surprising sponsor, as l know a bird dog trainer who did a lot of work on Stumbo's dogs. Wonder what his intentions really were?

7. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

I've known about this for a while. I've been told that UKC is supporting these bills as well. I have not followed up on this but I've heard this from people who have been following this more closely than I have. You are correct, if we don't do something about this, our heritage of hunting with dogs is going to come to an end before our very own eyes.
    If your yard dog \ house dog catches a squirrel, out of season and in your own yard you are a felon. Makes a lot of sense huh? These groups are passing out enough money to get supporters like UKC on their side. Money talks in this world we live in unfortunately.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015