Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 328

Semp

10 pointer
Feb 4, 2008
Kaintukee
Welcome to KY Hunting, CC. A little info about your setup and hunt would be helpful. Where are you located?

Nov 25, 2013
Manchester, Ky
Normally I setup just in the edge of the woods or the deep woods with the echo hd and the mojo decoy in the winter months. This yote just happened to come to a cottontail distress call. I normally have more success with yote vocalizations than I do prey calls. The gun is a .17 hmr which is all I ever use these days. I'm from Clay county how about you guys?

weedwalker

10 pointer
Nov 27, 2006
London,Ky
I'm in Laurel Co close to Clay Co. Near the junction of Pistol Creek and 472. I tried the HMR for a while, but after seeing how bad it can blow in the wind I switched to a .22 mag. But I usually use either my AR, my shotgun, or the .22-250 depending on where I hunt.

Nov 25, 2013
Manchester, Ky
What's with the lights on your scope? Must not be hunting in Ky.

Was daytime hunting actually. I bought one of those light combo light/laser at Wally World last year and put it on the gun to play around with. The light isn't that good but the laser works ok. Had intentions of buying an AR to put it on but haven't came across the right deal.

Nov 25, 2013
Manchester, Ky
I've not had any bad problems with it blowing enough to cause a miss but I hunt the woods a lot and usually get fairly reasonable shots. When I first started coyote hunting I used a 130 gr. 270. I've been looking for a good 22-250 but for some reason I think I would find it hard to stop taking the .17.

Nov 25, 2013
Manchester, Ky
Been coyote hunting for the last 4 years but really just gotten where I could consistently get them to come in for the last couple years. I started out with a homemade caller and the echo really helped with consistency for me.

Nov 25, 2013
Manchester, Ky
OK. I just had to ask though. We can hunt at night now but can't use lights or rifles. Seems there are still a few that can't read that.
That's a nice furred out coyote though. Have you been hunting them long or just getting into it?

Do you sell the fur? I would like to find someone to give the ones I kill to rather than see them waste.

weedwalker

10 pointer
Nov 27, 2006
London,Ky
I don't know anybody local that wants them. The only fur guy I knew is gone. I don't know if he died or moved on, but somebody else lives in his home now.

Latest posts