Another pointless thread

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by BuckFeverFeen, Sep 15, 2016.

1. BuckFeverFeen

BuckFeverFeen 6 pointer

Aug 4, 2015
    Somerset
    I'm just curious about how much we vary from Hunter to Hunter. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being blue jeans and a ole trusty shirt, 10 being name brand 300 dollar top of the line) what is your level of preference toward your camo?

I personally would say I'm a 5 or 6. If it's camo it works for me. My favorite shirt is probably one of the original realtree patterns that's from the 80's. My outfit also rarely matches.

How about you guys?

2. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    I hunted last nite in a black golf shirt, cargos and a pair of smelly old running shoes. As the season wears on I will graduate to tan pants and a green golf shirt, ending up in old mismatched camo by November.

WaterDog88 likes this.
  3. stf3id

stf3id Fawn

Sep 25, 2014
    About a 5 I guess. I like the moultrie flag avatar by the way.

4. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    When I first got the job as captain on here I decided I just had to have all the latest and greatest huntin clothes. It was a one time thing. Did it help? Idk, I didn't kill any more or any less deer. I've killed them wearing jeans and t-shirts as well as scent lok top to bottom. It's all about being still, playing the wind, and scent control.

OldEarnhardtFan likes this.
  5. BuckFeverFeen

BuckFeverFeen 6 pointer

Aug 4, 2015
    Somerset
    I like that you know what the moultrie flag is.

stf3id likes this.
  6. Smokinya1

Smokinya1 Spike

Oct 8, 2015
    Guess a 7 for me.............I use camo all the time but I do not care if its brand name and will save money if given the chance. I buy most of my camo from Walmart and Academy Sports for me and my kids.

Fat_Matt likes this.
  7. just me

just me 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2013
    I like to go topless. Clothes hold too much scent.

8. Tman6493

Tman6493 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2013
    Louisville
    0. Killed all my deer in the nude. Brings the Native American out in me and I get a better feel for wind direction. Jk prolly a 5. The quality of my cloths change depending on the weather. Hot=Walmart camo Tshirt. Cold=under armour

9. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

They come in wanting to fight the button buck?

10. aggie_archer

aggie_archer Spike

Mar 19, 2016
    Lexington, KY
    Depends where I'm hunting, when hunting out of a tree stand I wear camo (don't really care what brand, just camo). When hunting out of a pop up I typically where all black, tends to blend in better I find. Hunting in South Texas out an elevated box blind I really don't care what I wear, killed plenty of good bucks in shorts and a t-shirt down there.

11. 150PandY

150PandY BBBC Members

Sep 9, 2004
    Frankfort, KY, USA.
    $300 won't get you to a 10....! Maybe a 5-6.
    I'd say I buy stuff on clearance at the 8-9 level then wear it for ever until it depreciates to a 2-3. Haha

12. useyourbow

useyourbow 12 pointer

Except for my cold gear (Artic Sheild) practically everything I own comes off of clearance racks or after season sales. I could careless what label it has on it. If I could find some brand new 1990 Realtree Xtra Grey I would pay retail price but not looking to drop a lot on today's stuff.

13. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    3-4 maybe..Use to be more.I still own a lot of camo and wear it but not really worried about it anymore.. I often hunt in duck brown work pants because they are tough..My dad filled more tags than many of us will ever see wearing blue jeans and flannel. Shooting an old model 336"A"(long barrel) .35 marlin..Smoked,drank coffee and pissed all over the place but he always got his deer.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    KYMike26 likes this.
  14. Tman6493

Tman6493 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2013
    Louisville
    Oh man here comes the cyber bullying again lol. That's why my farm in taylorsville has so many cougars on trail cam. They are trying to find me naked in my stand......

15. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Makes you want to start a thread asking how many hunters have been caught with their pants down or zipper open when a deer came by.
    I've only been caught once with my hands full that I can remember. Well it was just one hand........OK two fingers.