Another monster 8

xilk123

8 pointer
Oct 7, 2011
clay co
That deer was killed in 2017. I saw the deer at taxi. It was right at 170 inches not 147. It was also posted on this site and talked about last year.
Think there was someone else claiming it as their on on facebook. I didn't see it in person or couldn't remember. I saved the picture and the size based off what they posted couldn't remember much else.

Edit: Actually I do think I remember it being on here, was it taken by a young lady? If so there was for sure a guy claiming it on his facebook post last year.

littlebear

12 pointer
Aug 21, 2007
the woods
Think there was someone else claiming it as their on on facebook. I didn't see it in person or couldn't remember. I saved the picture and the size based off what they posted couldn't remember much else.

Edit: Actually I do think I remember it being on here, was it taken by a young lady? If so there was for sure a guy claiming it on his facebook post last year.
You are correct a lady got it.

tcp7

Fawn
Oct 30, 2013
He didnt give me beam lengths. But inside spread and brow tines and G2s.
23 3/16s inside width
little over 9 inch brows
over 11 inches on G2s

First and foremost, awesome deer and congrats to the hunter. But their is nooooo way that makes sense. Saying the brows are only 2 inches shorter than the g2s throws all measurements into question. If that's a 180 inch deer I have a couple I need the same person to score and I might have a Booner I didn't know about. It was even quoted that she was a petite lady. That just makes it even worse. If it was a big guy maybe the person made the deer look small, but a 180 deer up against a 95lb lady would dwarf her.

aaronc

12 pointer
Jul 21, 2009
Leitchfield
Awesome deer....period. however... I say no way it hits 145....anybody thinks this is over 160 or even close to 180 needs their eyes checked....at least goin by that pic.
A 160 inch 8 looks like a christmas tree sittin on there head.

Cornpile

12 pointer
Dec 1, 2006
Kornfield County,KY
Score this big 8,,,,Congrats to the young lady on a Heck of a buck
big 8.jpg

Whitetail Nut

6 pointer
Dec 21, 2002
Awesome deer....period. however... I say no way it hits 145....anybody thinks this is over 160 or even close to 180 needs their eyes checked....at least goin by that pic.
Agreed!

Chimpy

8 pointer
Jun 29, 2004
Wilder, ky, USA.
Not trying to start an argument, but you said the same thing on the last big 8 and were way off. Anybody who has seen big bucks can obviously see this deer crushes 145.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
I am not saying I don't believe you , you did not score it personally, ... but I do believe even an official scorer can make a mistake, which is why if it is eligible for book it will be scored by more then one person. The pic looks like 150 max , can't wait to see official score.. trying to be diplomatic on my post and not confrontational.. :)

only one score, the first official scorer sheet filled out (no score shopping), is required to be entered in the record books. for a potential world record, or for those animals invited to the B&C tri-annual show, the animals are panel scored. my wife had a mule deer at the show in 2007. the panel scorers adjusted her original score.

Last edited:

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
He didnt give me beam lengths. But inside spread and brow tines and G2s.
23 3/16s inside width
little over 9 inch brows
over 11 inches on G2s
i'm sure i'm wrong, but these scores and what i'm guessing for the other scores, is coming up a quite a bit short of 180. the beams must be 30"?????? and based on the size of the girls hands, i sure don't see 9" G1's unless she has serious man hands.

Latest posts