Another illegal migrant caravan heading this way

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ojibwa62, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    If someone was making $7.50 an hour then it would cost 20% of his pay check to build it in 3 years. For people making $40,000+ a year it would cost 1% to 2% of their income tax.

The median income in the United States is a little over $58,000 per year. A 20% increase in income taxes would pay for 3 walls in 3 years.

RLWEBB likes this.
  2. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    I’ll write a check for mine right now if they’ll build it. I also think many folks would be happy to donate to the cause.

3. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Cut entitlement programs an you will have more than enough. News said we spend 125 billion per year on health care an enticement programs for illegals.
    That is more than enough to build the wall

4. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

What do you consider entitlement programs ?

5. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Health care, food stamps, etc

drakeshooter likes this.
  6. I’ll give you one. When you get more back in income tax refund than what you paid in all year. We had 2 unmarried chicks at the store I ran who only worked just enough hours to get their daycare paid but not enough to mess with their food stamps or subsidized hood housing where they hid their “baby daddy” so they could keep drawing off the taxpayers. They loved their “free money” when their “refund” was way more than they paid in. I’d start there.

gung, rabbit dawg, bondhu and 3 others like this.
  7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I was curious if you were talking about SS and Medicare. Be realistic now do you think the government would give up that money coming in from everyone's pay check. That is one big cash cow to them.

8. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I am talking about the money going to the people that are in this country illegally an they are getting government assistance

barney likes this.
  9. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Less than a year if we really want to.

The Army CORP of Engineers built the ALCAN Highway through 1800 miles of uncharted Canadian Tundra in 8 months in 1942. It’s pretty much how I judge all government run projects.

barney and Feedman like this.
  10. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I agree with you on this 100%. I have seen people scam the system all my life.

barney likes this.
  11. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I agree with you also.

barney and Feedman like this.
  12. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Back in the 90's there were fresh off the boat Mexicans, who couldn't speak a word of English coming to the farmers market with WIC vouchers. They would buy every hot pepper they could find with our money.

13. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 6 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    Another option would be to put a 40-50% tax on money wired from the US to foreign countries.

bondhu, drakeshooter and barney like this.
  14. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Peppers on WIC vouchers that's a new one on me.

15. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 6 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree that the wall needs to be built. It should cut down on a lot of smuggling people in. However the drug cartels will find a way to get there garbage in the country. Drones,heck I saw a video one time where a car hauler drove up to the wall on Mexico side and the ramp was extended over the wall and pickup trucks drove over the wall onto our side.