Another illegal migrant caravan heading this way

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ojibwa62, Oct 18, 2018.

1. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    It caught me off guard too..

I don't remember the exact year, but the state issued WIC for fresh vegetables at farmer's markets. Each girl had 10, $2 vouchers to spend at local fresh markets, the Mexicans would buy up all of the hot peppers. That fact started the local jalapeno race. Every farmer at the market started over planting jalapenos to grab the Mexican WIC vouchers. It caused a shortage of pepper seed, and a price hike at the local Southern States!

Ataulbe1 likes this.
  2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

You know what they say if there is a will there is a way.

3. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    A shoulder launched tow missile should take care of the truck.

4. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Cut ALL foreign aid. That should pay for a large part of it.

bondhu likes this.
  5. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I would say at least cut it in half. We sure support a lot of crooked government's with all the money handed out. I would say if they need food then send food grown by our farmers not cash. But on the other hand may one day need them in the long run on our side if you know what I mean.

Ataulbe1 likes this.
  6. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Controversial take (maybe not on this site), but way back I heard someone suggest our welfare program go to 50lb bags of rice and beans. Even if it wasn't that extreme, would that not motivate people to hunt/fish/work for something better? Truly a base line sustenance program rather than an HDTV, car, 3 bedroom house, "lower middle class" program. When food stamps/SNAP/whatever you want to call it, covers Monster energy drinks I think it's safe to say the system is broken.

barney likes this.
  7. Lmao I noticed zero response to the wall between N and S Korea I posted. Where there’s a will my azz.

8. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Nope. ALL of it. What’s it benefiting us? What’s our rate of return?

How many of the countries that we send aid to, would really have the ability to help us in ANY capacity, should SHTF?

baknblack and drakeshooter like this.