Annual season running thread 19-20

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Bowfinger, Oct 5, 2019.

1. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    Those lights have been strung up for years and years. Mind your own business.

2. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 10 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Geniune question. I have noticed that many people in West Kentucky still have Christmas lights up, but I do not know the reasoning behind such.

3. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Clark Griswald bought the house next to mine last March. Up till last week he was still turning his christmas lights on. He worked a lot of hours putting all those light up.

4. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    My attitude was that they should not have put Christmas smack in the middle of duck season....

But if a person is going to go through all the stress of decorating, shopping, cooking etc for the holidays; Why take it down that night or the next day?? I would rather keep the decorations up for a few weeks to enjoy while you catch your breath and relax.

5. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine

6. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Well, the Gregorian and Julian calendars are not without their problems. It's my humble opinion that man cannot fathom time; moreover, that both calendars are merely a faulty construct of man's own making. As for the placement of light, whether it be the Christmas season, I prefer the stars and moon outside, foregoing manmade lights. All they do is attract bugs, and placing freshly killed waterfowl near them seems less than wise (Clark Griswald most certainly fell into that classification).

https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=KYZ004&warncounty=KYC007&firewxzone=KYZ004&local_place1=Barlow KY&product1=Hydrologic+Outlook&lat=37.0507&lon=-89.0451#.Xjz5zFNMFow

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  7. Big Snuff

Big Snuff 6 pointer

Nov 25, 2018
    North central ky
    HOL,

The dude might own stock in Peabody. He is from western Ky. He's probably just padding his portfolio by keeping the coal conveyor running wide open feeding the boiler. Not everyone is a tree hugger. Most of these guys idea of "going green" is a limit of all drake mallards.

8. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    This doesn't look like West Kentucky to me, Mr. Cornelius. What was your previous username, please?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  9. Big Snuff

Big Snuff 6 pointer

Nov 25, 2018
    North central ky
    HOL,

I will make a deal with you. You tell us all what your previous user name was and I will tell you mine. Do we have a deal?

If I can unlock the mystery of HOL, there is no doubt my street cred will go up instantly. No Ebay bands or sitka gear needed.

This is my chance to become a legend around here. So HOL, what was your previous user name???

Giveem3outdoors likes this.
  10. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  11. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    2020 was a terrible season for me, but I had an awesome youth hunt, yesterday. That made everything worthwhile. Ducks worked well, and a new hunter had a ball! He is hooked for life now. Can't wait till next year!

12. Giveem3outdoors

Giveem3outdoors 12 pointer

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    Did the end of season clean up this weekend. Washed and put up all the decoys. Washed all the crap out of the boat. Installed the big tiller my wife got me for my birthday. Took the estart off my parts motor and put it on my motor. And when I get a kick and Jack will put the power trim off the parts motor on mine. Getting about time to catch some fish.

FOWLER2671, DH13 and BootsOn27 like this.