Annual LBL Coyote Hunt

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by weedwalker, Sep 25, 2009.

1. wolfman

wolfman Fawn

Feb 2, 2010
    northcentral,KY
    How much are the cabins? Also if I were to get down there how would I find you? Just get
    out the Howler and start a barkin!

2. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    I think the cabins are sold out.

In the evenings you should be able to find guys at Wranglers Campground.

3. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    The cabins are all rented out. There are motels in nearby towns.
    You will find us at Wranglers Campground.

4. wolfman

wolfman Fawn

Feb 2, 2010
    northcentral,KY
    Thank You Well If I don't make it Have a safe hunt. I talked to a friend at work that was down there for the quota hunt. He and his son busted 5 of them.

5. wolfman

wolfman Fawn

Feb 2, 2010
    northcentral,KY
    Is anyone going to be down there on the weekend of the 13th?

6. kyfuzzyface

kyfuzzyface 8 pointer

Nov 2, 2007
    Central Ky
    Pulling out around Noon, Soon as Ol'Joe and Ech gets here and we get things loaded . should be there 4 or 5 PM EST :)

7. im1cardfan

im1cardfan 6 pointer

Sep 7, 2007
    grayson co.
    Hey guys, my spot in the big cabin is open. I have been fighting a sinus problem for a week now and this morning it seems it has blown into a full fledged sinus infection. I was so looking forward to coming down and meeting everyone and hunting LBL but walking when you can't hardly breathe is rough.

PS: If I still owe for my part of the cabin, someone please PM me with info of where to send money. thanks

8. BIGBADDAD

BIGBADDAD 10 pointer

Any of y'all kill a yote today? I'll be in camp tomorrow early afternoon. Can't wait to meet everyone!

9. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I spent the evening over there ...hunted a little in the rain. Ate supper with Semp & weedwalker...talked with Jimmie and briefly to LBLDOG. Met a whole slew of guys from the Fins & Fur sight. As pointed out by Semp.. they had one guy in camp from Canada... and one from Montana. Seemed like a good turnout.

As far as yote killin.... weedwalker killed one yesterday and there were two laying at the cabins. I believe linemansteve popped one and not sure on the other. The rain today limited some of hunting today but with this group.. I have no doubt they will kill a few more.

Some serious yote hunting...lots of BS being spread...all in all ...a good time had.

10. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men....

WKB & Tha' Hat hornswaggled me into a round of fried bluegill and flathead tonight and I didn't make it to the festivities.

I hope you guys have had a good get together.

11. scratch

scratch 10 pointer

Jan 18, 2006
    hancock co
    Come on guys ..give us an update of your weekend:D

12. Jimmie in Ky

Jimmie in Ky 12 pointer

Nine were shot at and five recovered. Trash on th ground in many places made it a shotgun weekend for most of us. And to prove we all make mistakes I got in too big a hurry to setup and blew it. Deer don't wait ten minutes into a setup to booger. I didn't check my back door thouroughly before starting to call. I will never know for sure if the pup I chased in that broken jungle came back around or not. But something put those deer on the move. But that is why we call it hunting , right ;-)

Semp FINALLY got over his fear of sounding bad with a mouth call. He and Weed walker will have to tell that one themselves.

Meeting Fuzzy helps to understand the humor in His online handle.

I also met several others such as Raven, bbdad, Jdmiller and many more from our fine state. They conducted themselves as genltemen and made me proud when Sherril thanked us for it after Supper on saturday.

Some also found a world in this sport they did not know existed. That of call makers and hunters so dedicated to the sport that it is beyond belief.We had some of the finest examples of the call makers art I have ever seen donated to the kitty of door prizes.From beautiful pieces of woiod meant for everyday use in the filed to the custom showcase call that any collector would be proud to own.

If you never think God smiles upon you, go to such a gathering sometime. You will find many friends you just haven't met yet. Men with similar likes and dislikes and a love of a sport. You will see the generosity in such souls that pours out to all who attend. The bond may not be a permanant one but a bond none the less.

Thank you gentlemen for attending and helping to make our anual get together a success. Visit th erest of your new friends at fins and fur sometime. Jimmie

13. scratch

scratch 10 pointer

Jan 18, 2006
    hancock co
    Sounds like you guys had a great meet...congrats

14. Raven42

Raven42 Spike

Jan 24, 2010
    Thanks Jimmie

Jimmie I had a great time and thanks to the learning trip. You thought me more than I knew when I got there and I am ever greatfull. Thanks again! Give me a call or pm me when you would like to get togeather. Lunch will me on me.

Raven

15. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    I had a great time at the LBL and was glad to meet all of you that came. Along with my old freinds, I've made several new freinds.
    I got there Wednesday about 10:00 AM. After unloading, went out with Semp for a few stands. At 3:30 PM I shot a coyote at 30 yards looking straight at me. He came in to fawn distress on my Lil-Dog. Was using the 870 with Dead Coyote loads. He yelped when I shot and took off. Semp and I tracked blood for about 400 yds till it was getting dark and we had to go back. Didn't find it.
    On Thursday, Semp and I were on another stand. He started calling with his Critter Call doing some rabbit distress. A coyote came up my side of the holler below me and stopped. She knew something was up and was getting ready to leave so I took a long shot with the 870. She jumped straight up then took off. She ran about 200 yds to where we finally found her.
    I got busted by one on Friday that just appeared out of nowhere straight downwind of me. Never even had time to get my gun on it.
    All in all, it was a great hunt and am already looking forward to seeing you guys again there next year.

[​IMG]