Annual LBL Coyote Hunt

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by weedwalker, Sep 25, 2009.

1. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    For those of you interested, we are having our Annual LBL hunt February 5th, 6th, & 7th. We are staying at the Wranglers campground. There are still a few cabins available for that weekend. It's NOT a contest hunt. Just a bunch of coyote hunters that get together every year. Everyone is invited. We hunt during the day, and sit around the fire at night. It's a good place to meet old freinds. And you'll have a bunch of new freinds when it's over. It's a good place for new hunters to get together with more experienced hunters to learn new tactics. We have a blast every year. So y'all come on down to it. I'll be there Feb 4th - 7th.

2. Jimmie in Ky

Jimmie in Ky 12 pointer

And I will be right there along with him. You want to learn how to use those calls come on down and join us. Jimmie

3. biggun

biggun 8 pointer

Sep 18, 2007
    If anyone is interested in this hunt I will recommend it. I was there the first year and had a blast. God was it ever cold that first morning. Watch out for the chili!!!!!

4. snafumonkey

snafumonkey Spike

Sep 27, 2009
    Trigg
    I am a beginner at almost everything hunting. Sounds like a blast, I may not be able to stay at the cabins but I can probly pitch a tent for a night or two if that's ok.

5. Jimmie in Ky

Jimmie in Ky 12 pointer

Itrs perfectly ok if you can just stop by and visit, camp or whatever you can manage to do. We are all pretty decent fellows if I do say so myself. Except maybe Ed, they used his pic for the last article written on the LBL beast. Jimmie

6. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    I would really like to come to this. Can you post a thread a little closer to the date before it begins?

7. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    We'll remind ya a little later. We all hope to see ya there.

And thanks for the compliments Jimmie.:D

8. Jimmie in Ky

Jimmie in Ky 12 pointer

Your welcome Ed. Besideswhat are friends for ? ;-) Jimmie

9. Palegroe

Palegroe Spike

Dec 18, 2008
    Corydon, Kentucy
    Lbl

Can anyone share any more about this hunt? Where is good spots, any insites you don't have to give away your honey hole just some info, and whats it cost to camp at wranglers and do they have hook ups for campers.

10. Jimmie in Ky

Jimmie in Ky 12 pointer

You can check all that out at http://www.lbl.org

And they do have hook ups for campers which is hte cheapest rental they have. Some of them also have close access to water. Come on down and we'll see if we can hook you up. Jimmie

11. Ralph

Ralph Cyber-Hunter

Aug 30, 2002
    easy to find

Plenty of coyotes down in Colson Hollow, ridges on the right at the bottom near the lake... Also saw several on Turkey Creek, just past the ORV area.

12. Quickdraw Limpsalot

Quickdraw Limpsalot 12 pointer

Sep 16, 2005
    Larue Co.
    I mentioned this to a couple of friends at work and we're thinking of trying to make it. We're all relatively new to 'yote hunting but eager to learn more from the seasoned vets.

13. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    How many yotes yaw pop last Feburary?

14. Jimmie in Ky

Jimmie in Ky 12 pointer

None last february due to the place being closed for the ice storm. And not too many the year before that due to high winds. But we average seven or eight . We try to take as many beginers as possible and show other where they may have the best chances at connecting and calling one oor two in. Killing them is another story. We have had years where as many as fifty animals were called in. Jimmie

15. Palegroe

Palegroe Spike

Dec 18, 2008
    Corydon, Kentucy
    Made the reservations. I'll be there thurs, friday, and saturday night. I am looking forward to this hunt and getting to put faces to all the handles. My wife is getting tired of me talking about it. I might even go down earlier if I can.