Anniversary

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Wildcat, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I've got a 6th anniversary coming up and it being a holiday I thought I'd go ahead and post it here before everybody took off.

On July 4, 2003 I smoked my last cigarette.

I smoked for more than 30 years and the last 5 I was smoking 3 packs a day. I made up my mind to quit and picked a target date, I made it July 4th so the whole nation could celabrate with me.

I know some might get tired of this but if it helps one person who's thinking about quiting I'm going to keep posting it.

I've kept a running total on how much money I've saved since I quit. In 2003 prices I've saved $16,380

If I average it out between 2003 and 2009 prices then I've saved $18,564

Either way for what I've saved I could have gone on a fully guided elk hunt out west every two years and had money left over. That's a lot to go up in smoke.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  2. lady estrus

lady estrus 6 pointer

Aug 31, 2008
    Ky
    Congrats!!! Im also working on quiting. I have been smoking for 12 years and wished that I never started. I want to be able to say that Im a non- smoker.

I dont want my son to watch me die of lung cancer or other health problems from smoking one day. Im so tired of doing it,I hate doing it but it so hard. A couple of years ago I quit for 3 months and kick myself in the [email protected]@ everyday for starting back. Wish me luck guys!!:)

3. sheperd

sheperd 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2003
    Bardstown, Ky
    Congratulations, I've haven't smoked one since Dec. 8 08'. After 20 yrs. it was one of the hardest things I've done. There have been times I would have eaten a whole pack if I had them.

4. its the hardest thing I ever did. but it was worth it. smoke free since august of 04

5. Ky'sFinest

Ky'sFinest 10 pointer

definitely worth doing. i quit again in feb and haven't touched a smoke since. that last couple of times i quit i started back up with that "one won't hurt attitude." now i know better to not even smoke one when that situation arises and better off for it.

i always heard that it takes several attempts to quit for most people. the first part of dropping it is the worst. one thing i do know for sure is that you can't quit until you are for sure that you want to quit. if you want to quit as bad as you say than you will.

good luck guys. its worth it in too many ways to write here.

6. Jim in Annville

Jim in Annville 6 pointer

Oct 30, 2007
    Jackson county
    March 13, 2002, I quit. I got bad news for you all. I want one as bad today as the day I quit. Not all the time but there is times I will get around someone smoking and It will smell good enough to eat. LOL.

7. Big Nasty

Big Nasty 6 pointer

Mar 17, 2006
    Independence, Ky
    For those that want to quit but need help, check out Chantix http://www.chantix.com/ Most insurance doesn't cover it but a few do, $100.00 for a 1 month kit. Some need just 1 month's worth, others 2. The stuff works, with few side affects. You'll need a RX from your doc.

8. I tried chantix an it didn't work for me all it done was made me sick!!!

9. KY River Rat

KY River Rat 6 pointer

Jan 3, 2008
    I agree, Chantix made me sick. I used the patches, Been smoke free for 1 year, 5 months, and 2 days!!!
    I still celebrate monthly. :D