Andy and the Ponzi scheme

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drakeshooter, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Well it looks like another dumbass ‘turd party governor kicking the proverbial can down the road smh.

Read more here: https://www.kentucky.com/news/polit...d4zpHYFV8vG0xyUWeN3yGoTSET9Dr_IT5o#storylink=

2. MoMan

MoMan 6 pointer

Oct 4, 2018
    'Merica!!
    Yep, kick that can down the road!! Did anyone really not see this coming?
    BUT, it's O.K., because he promised all of the teachers a $2k raise. Just wait until the Legislature rejects that part of his budget proposal. He'll then make it the evil 'Republican Legislatures' for not allowing him to fulfill his ridiculous campaign BRIBE!! He knew this going into it. he know he was in a 'no lose' situation when it came to this, because he could blame someone else. TYPICAL DEMONRAT!!

gds, Carl, barney and 3 others like this.
  3. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Exactly. I'm about to the point I hope the Republicans say you're the governor, whatever you want! Sign his ridiculous "budget" and watch the state's finances go even further to shit.

drakeshooter likes this.
  4. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Thanks teachers! Hope you get yours.

00noturkey, MoMan, EC and 1 other person like this.
  5. Let it go and let a Federal bankruptcy judge sort it out.

6. Terrific read that puts things in a bit clearer perspective.

http://www.westkentuckystar.com/New...pT1g_xJIURAbLuMEOpx9WZJtc8ETJyQYqxxPS6FcZBE8E

7. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    I hope all those "smart" teachers are happy. They deserve what they get.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  8. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Guys, continuing to blame the teachers in all this will do nothing to solve the problem. Bevin lost trying to do what was right, but he done it the wrong way, he tried his best to mimic Trump and went after one class of workers , and that cost him the seat. This could have been done a different way, but it wasn't, so now we got Angie to deal with, and we all know he is going to blow the budget.
    I don't blame the teachers, that job has changed alot over the years. They are not just teachers any more, and they do not get paid for the extra BS that has been forced on them by society as a whole, the real money is in Admin, the amount of money paid to the upper end is way beyond crazy, not to mention the amount of support people to help the Admin.
    Damn near every bill we pay in KY has some sort of school tax attached to it enough to show that there should never have been a problem with the teachers pay, let alone knowing that these kids are not getting the education that is needed, the whole damn education thing has become nothing more than a never ending money pit, from K1 through the Masters program, and we all fall for it because it's for the "KIDS", when in fact it's for those running the show, not your average teacher that barley makes a living with the required education it takes, and that itself cost alot of money, which again follows the circle in the pit. Budgets keep getting increases, they can take your money without asking, but the kids can't keep up.....Where is the Money? I have yet to meet a rich teacher, but have met many rich Administrators.

rabbit dawg and JR in KY like this.
  9. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Exactly. People who think a state can’t file bankruptcy are sorely mistaken. Guess what the “precious and wonderful” teachers get then?

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  10. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Dude the teachers and their fake union are 100% to blame. Politicians lie by nature. Reasonable people know that. The teachers and their lobbying representatives (aka union) have somehow convinced people that there is no occupation more noble than a teacher. That’s a farce and we all know it. Their pipe dream retirement is destroying the state and they don’t care. The politicians didn’t steal the money. That’s fake news. The money never existed. Get over yourselves.

00noturkey, gds, MoMan and 2 others like this.
  11. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I’m sorry but can we please drop this silly charade? We are talking about primary and secondary teachers here. I know a whole host of teachers. It would be beneficial to quit acting like these people are pediatric neurosurgeons and they require government subsidy until death! Their job could potentially suck. Welcome to the real world. Life happens. Rethink your career choice if need be. We are bankrupt folks! Those that can, do. Those that can’t, teach.

gds, MoMan and redjackson like this.
  12. My problem is not them wanting what was promised them, they’re owed that. My issue is demanding we continue to fund it for new employees.

carnivore, gds, KYote-Krusher and 4 others like this.
  13. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Well I'm sure they'll be happy now, with that extra $75 before taxes per check. Life changing money right there. At least we know what the $ amount is that makes it worth voting against what's best for your state. Not to mention breaking the law and abandoning your job duties to protest in Frankfort. It will all be worth it when the state files for bankruptcy. Little Andy 2024!

MoMan and barney like this.
  14. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    gds likes this.
  15. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    You are exactly right. Agree 100%.

MoMan, gds and drakeshooter like this.