ammo availability

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by corndogggy, Jan 7, 2013.

1. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    As soon as people think they can't get something they go nuts and want it even more. Remember the Cabbage Patch dolls and the Wii. As soon as people know they are in short supply they will do anything to get one. Thats when others buy up all they can to resell to make a buck. That just makes the supply that much harder to get.

Ammo is no different. Even if guys don't need it they want it because they know they can't get it. We are causing all of this ourselves. All because of panic. Chill out and get only what you need and there will be no shortage or sharks to drive the prices up.

2. corndogggy

corndogggy 12 pointer

Jul 20, 2005
    If I were delusional enough to think that the apocolypse were upon us and I were about to travel on foot to some remote bug out location amid some barren wasteland, I could understand this thinking. Thankfully, I am not yet that delusional.

3. corndogggy

corndogggy 12 pointer

Jul 20, 2005
    The sharks really tick me off. Any nitwit with too much time on their hands suddenly becomes mister retail expert who can command outrageous prices. They are not honest people. The stores taking advantage of this will have customers who remember what they did after this is over. I could understand a dishonest loner not worrying about their reputation but not a shop. Big difference between how paducah shooters and whittakers are handling this. One charges $1,500 for a $700 doublestar while the other charges $1,200 for a $1,200 colt. I will remember.

4. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    I haven't been up to Paducah in awhile , which is the most honest of those two? Shooter's supply?

5. useyourbow

useyourbow 12 pointer

From what I have seen and heard concerning Whittakers is they have been fair and consistent.

6. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    I bought a box of 22 and 270 at Wally last night. There was a sign saying only 1 box per caliber so they may be aware of the re-selling aspect of it

7. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    The problem is some of the Wally World employees buy it before it hits the shelf to resell at higher prices.

8. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Thanks hope to take the wife in next couple of weeks to check out the range @ Shooter's.

9. Justsaying

Justsaying 8 pointer

Jun 22, 2012
    NOYB
    Not a whole lot of powder for reloading out there either.

10. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    (CNSNEWS.COM) WalMart reportedly has stopped selling ammunition ahead of the Obama administration’s anticipated gun control recommendations to Congress — and uncertainty over what new laws may be coming.
    According to the Investment Watch blog, WalMart Corporation will no longer place new ammunition orders pending “the upcoming decision on the Second Amendment.”

A customer stood with a WalMart employee as a call was made to the corporate office.

11. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

It's like milk and bread after a snowy forecast.

12. robert

robert Fawn

Jan 24, 2009
    eastern ky
    what are people going to do with all the ammo that they are buying up i mean you know that the stores are going to restock.

13. Justsaying

Justsaying 8 pointer

Jun 22, 2012
    NOYB

If you are an avid shooter it is like chocolate, it never goes bad and you usually over indulge.

14. corndogggy

corndogggy 12 pointer

Jul 20, 2005
  15. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.

I was always under the assumption the government used FMJ (Geneva Convention) because it's intent was not to kill. Is this no longer true? The government is using ammo designed to do the most destruction to human flesh? No longer focused on incapacitating and suppression?[/QUOTE]
    Many are now shooting MK 282 I think it is. A 77 grain load that is reportedly extremely accurate out of short bbls. It's over a dollar a round when it can be found