Ammo at Ky Gun Co

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by 1wildcatfan, Apr 14, 2021.

1. KYBluegill

KYBluegill 6 pointer

Jan 30, 2019
    Kentucky
    Where at

2. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    I agree, I’d like to see proof before condemning. But I also think KGC has enough business to potentially buy direct from manufacturers. Last ammo I saw at Gamaliel Shooting Supply was pretty well normal. They are somehow tied to Brownells.

3. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Could be but all the ammo I've seen is jacked up. And that's including other states, not just Ky.

4. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Agree with this and your other post about price gouging as well. I actually found a box of turkey loads yesterday for my 20 gauge. They were at s local shop and were only about $3 more expensive than what BPS had them priced. I thought that price was more than fair. I think it’s hard to compare any store to Walmart as far as prices go. If I’m not mistaken, Walmart usually dictates prices to their suppliers and can usually sell for less than any competitors. That’s been a pretty successful business model for them I think. No one has ever forced me to pay prices for ammo as I always have a choice to purchase or not. My decision.

predator1 and 1wildcatfan like this.
  5. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Agreed. And don’t think we’ll ever see what we had become to know as “normal” prices again. They’ll drop some. But not to those levels again. So long as people are willing to pay these inflated prices, they have no reason to come back to earth.

jblack1 and KYBluegill like this.
  6. KYBluegill

KYBluegill 6 pointer

Jan 30, 2019
    Kentucky
    KY gun co prices are high on ammo, but they have it in stock.

1wildcatfan likes this.
  7. hoene

hoene 10 pointer

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    Walmart Madison Pk Ft Mitchell

8. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    [​IMG]
    Is this "Jacked Up" seems like the new normal to me. Smokey Mountain knife works Kodak Tn.
    I doubt if it comes down much even a year from now. I don't buy Ammo, I load it.

9. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    My extravagant buying spree of reloading components last year doesn't seem so expensive these days.

10. Strutter

Strutter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    USA.
    The last wolf gold ammo I bought was 262.00 a thousand shipped. That was 2 years ago so to more than double in that time is jacked up to me. Looks like they have plenty also. Long as people keep buying it, it will keep going up.

Danno and KYBluegill like this.
  11. Danno

Danno 6 pointer

And that's the freaking problem, people keep lining up for this crap, was reading another post about people lining up at cabelas before the sun came up

12. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    I remember seeing a Big Wimmens Fight a few years ago at Walmart over a spot in Line to buy a Dam Cabbage Patch Doll.
    Same exact thing.

jblack1 and Feedman like this.
  13. jblack1

jblack1 12 pointer

Dec 13, 2005
    Science Hill
    I saw the same damn thing at Roses many moons ago.
    I laughed... I laughed alot.

Feedman likes this.