Amish buck

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by killer, Nov 23, 2006.

1. killer

killer 12 pointer

May 7, 2004
    "In that good way!"
    I have heard rumors of a 200"+ buck killed by an Amish boy at LBL:confused: . Also heard he sold it to Cabelas anybody have any info as to weather this is true or not. If it is where can you view the pics.

2. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    First I've heard of it. Shouldn't you be up to your elbows in turkey and dressing right now instead of hunting down monster bucks on the internet?:eek:

3. Joe Bryan

Joe Bryan 8 pointer

Jul 4, 2006
    Nelson County
    To the best of my knowledge I think the deer was taken in Hart county and not LBL. Tremendous animal no matter where it was taken!

4. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    The big Amish boy buck has been making the rumor mill....might be the buck killed in Ohio that was recently featured on a current magazine cover?

5. OUTBACK

OUTBACK 8 pointer

Nov 6, 2005
    W. KY
    The amish buck was the one killed on pennyrile I thought and he didn't sell it to cabela's. I have been told that he used the rack to make tools out of. I wouldn't have been abel to do that but I still respect him for doing so. Kinda shows what can be done with a big buck and not the antler worship. . . . even though he would have been mounted in my house.

6. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    If I see another "Amish buck" I will convert before nest season. The two I know of so far is the Ohio buck and the Pennyrile buck.

7. OUTBACK

OUTBACK 8 pointer

Nov 6, 2005
    W. KY
    The one that has been talked about so much here is the one that was killed on pennyrile. I have seen the pictures of the one from ohio and it was a monster as well.

I don't know anything about the one from ohio but the one killed in pennyrile I'm pretty sure that he did use the rack for tools.

8. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    If it's true that he cut that rack up for tools then it would be a travesty. It could have been sold for a good chunk of pocket money. It's not the fact that he lost out on the money but the fact someone would destroy something as magnificent as that. What a waste that would be. It's like someone finding the Mona Liza then burning it for fire wood.:mad:

9. kcbrown

kcbrown 8 pointer

Oct 27, 2006
    Now I have been wrong a time or two but I saw a paper on a fellows at work toolbox and it showed two deer, one was a big one from penniryle and the other was a big non typical that said it was killed by an amish in Ohio. I am pretty sure it was the news enterprise which I think is the e-town paper. Both were freakin monsters.

10. Realtree man

Realtree man 8 pointer

Nov 10, 2006
    Knott County
    What he's making tools out of it? That buck would be on my wall for sure

11. Redlined

Redlined 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2005
    In The Tree Next To Ya
    The Pennyrile buck is being mounted.It's at Meredith's Taxidermy in Brownsville now.

12. FugateHunts

FugateHunts Fawn

Nov 26, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    I have pics of this deer at work and will post after the holidays if no one has yet.

13. lances

lances 10 pointer

Sep 12, 2004
    Lake Cumberland KY
    I am glad to hear the buck is being mounted.

14. Bass_King2007

Bass_King2007 Spike

Nov 23, 2006
    Thats a pretty bad thing for u to say that it was a waste for a amish person to cut up the rack! Thats what the amish people do is live off the land, and better yet he is the one that killed it he can do what he wants with it. That just pisses me off that anyone could say that, he killed it let him do what he wants to with it!