Alpha Gal

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by rcb216, May 3, 2021.

1. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    My neighbor has this terrible illness/disease or whatever it is. She has been sick for months and went to dr to dr before they found out what it was. Between you guy telling stories and her telling me stories, I’m bout half terrified of ticks! I’m just glad I rarely ever find one on me and even more rare to have one stuck. But I told her I’d ask you guys and gals if there is a treatment or a cure? She said she was told there was a treatment. Supposedly some type of acupuncture and they put three steal rods in her ear lobe. Three diff treatments/trips to Louisville and 85% effective. If it isn’t successful you get reimbursed. She said it’s prolly BS but is curious if anyone on here has heard of it?

2. HeadedWest

HeadedWest 8 pointer

Nov 22, 2016
    I tell anyone willing to listen…If you spend time in the woods and don’t treat your clothes, you are playing with fire. I imagine it will only get more common as more host get infected.

Munson, carnivore and 1wildcatfan like this.
  3. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Someone on here had the Acupuncture done. I think in Nashville. A post maybe a year ago.

4. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I don't go in the woods, ever, never ever, without clothing/boots that have been sprayed with Sawyer's..... I hope she gets better, and the acupuncture works....

5. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    I used permethrin this past weekend and pulled the 3rd off of me today. Can't imagine going in the woods without it.

6. JonDunn

JonDunn 10 pointer

Dec 26, 2005
    Up the holler
    I've researched the acupuncture. Its not 100%. After my last episode of my throat swelling, I'm afraid to try it. It dont necessarily cure it, it just puts it in remission I believe. I would hate to think everything is going good then all of a sudden its lights out one night for me.

Ticks suck. I use to think women were evil, but now I know ticks are the most cruel an evil creatures on the face of the Earth. Any word used to describe them is an understatement.

Munson likes this.
  7. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    Opossums regularly eat Ticks, if you have any roaming your property, be thankful.

Feedman likes this.
  8. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Saw a possum down by my woodpile yesterday

davers likes this.
  9. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    My tick bite is on my tummy waistband, making for an itchy spot and causing me to simply roll my waistband lower. It is a cute, red bump which did contain a small pus pocket, thankfully burst and drained of fluids. If it were not for my expired back in 1016 Triamcinolone Acetonide 0.1%, I would be an unhappy camper. The 0.5%, also expired since then, could not touch the itch. Why my tick was dead upon removal perplexes me. Hopefully my blood simply poisoned it to death.

10. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Can’t imagine they would make much of a dent. Good thing is they are so damn nasty even a tick won’t hitch a ride on one so they at least aren’t much of a host.

davers likes this.
  11. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    I like opposums, myself. They are good to have around the garden and are rather interesting critters.

12. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    Pulled a total of fifteen off me since Sunday. My only crime was walking across a small 20 ft stretch of mowed median between a parking lot and road at laurel lake dam. Only felt two of them which initiated a further intense probe of my skin. Must have hit the mother lode.

Munson likes this.
  13. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Opossums are chicken killer and as bad as Coons.

00noturkey likes this.
  14. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    Speaking about Opossums, early this morning, I turned on the porch light and out on the lawn was a baby Opossum. Guess his Mother will be looking for him, he was the size of a young Rat.

15. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Dang 3g you keep em down there! That's gotta be a record in a 20ft stretch

Gforcetrivers likes this.