Alison Lundergan Grimes On 2nd Amendment Rights

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by davers, Aug 27, 2014.

1. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    My parent were both big time dems the last 15 yrs they changed their voteing habits . They said that the dems had changed there way of thinking and no longer suported it. Ive always voted for the person that i felt suported my way of thinking which almost always was rep. I think they all needs fired and time limites for all goverment offices. I also believe that the constitution should never be challenged and should be a crime against american punishable by death to anyone who want to change it. I feel this could be our last chance to save this country from certain collapse by our goverment. Dont waste you vote on Grimmes the future is at stake.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

2. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    Obstructionist is not my issue with him. Letting Obamacare pass . I cannot forgive. Getting a few billion for a bridge in the process PRICELESS to hell with Mitch.

3. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    A. Louisville gets screwed. You might not like Louisville, but it pays a helluva lot more in taxes than what it receives.

B. I'm a die hard republican, but Hal Rogers is the poster child for all that's wrong in Washington. He's as big a pork barrel spender as any liberal in Congress. He'll spend the hell out of those federal tax dollars if he needs it for his re-election.

C. I lost all support for him after this. . . .

http://www.lex18.com/news/hal-rogers-sponsors-5m-bill-for-big-cats-/

4. randy grider

randy grider 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Burgin, KY
    a m e n ! ! !

5. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    Interstate? Is he done begging for his useless airport?

6. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Letting Obamacare pass???

The Democrats had a SUPER MAJORITY in both Houses and not a single Republican voted for Obamacare.

Every single bill against Obamacare that was passed in the Republican controlled House since the Republicans took control has been stopped by Harry Reid from getting into the Senate.

7. patiodaddy

patiodaddy 10 pointer

Hal Rogers is a POS that has been in DC for 30+ years and should have been dumped years ago. Just to see a picture of him or to hear about him makes my blood boil! :mad:

8. grouseguy

grouseguy Cyber-Hunter

The First Amendment, According to Mitch McConnell

So, if Mitch McConnell doesn't actually think that limiting the amount of money that wealthy interests can spend on elections is a violation of the First Amendment, what is he up to? Could it be that he now finds it more useful to court the dollars of major donors than the votes of his constituents?

Washington is the only place where campaign finance reform is a partisan issue. A poll this summer found that 73 percent of voters support a constitutional amendment to get big money out of politics. Americans know that our First Amendment is about protecting the speech of citizens, not the interests of wealthy campaign donors.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/micha...ccor_b_5791550.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

So what are the strict constitutionalists and anti-flip-floppers take on Mitch's actions to protect the Citizens United ruling by opposing legislation to limit campaign finance?

9. grouseguy

grouseguy Cyber-Hunter

Economically, Could Obama Be America's Best President?

By all measures, President Obama has outperformed every modern President. The easiest comparison would be to President Reagan, whose economic performance was superb.

Reagan had the enormous benefit of two major factors:

a significantly better economy than Obama inherited, even if afflicted by inflation
    and his two terms coincided with the highest performing demographic years of the Baby Boomer generation.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhar...cally-could-obama-be-americas-best-president/

I figured I'd get criticized for linking a Huff Post article above ... so here's one from the very conservative Forbes Magazine that seems to fly in the face of the conventional partisan misinformation posted on this forum.

Enjoy!!!

10. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    Just the Title in itself is extremely funny....thanks for the laugh!!!

11. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
  12. grouseguy

grouseguy Cyber-Hunter

Take it up with Forbes Magazine ... those are their words, not mine.

13. randy grider

randy grider 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Burgin, KY
    Earlier Topix was ridiculed, and then you putt up Huffington post ? I cant really see a difference.....

14. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Yes it's true.

The rich have gotten richer under Obama than any other president in the last 90 years.

What do you all think is driving up the Stock Market?? The Fed's $85 Billion a month which ends Oct 2014, next month.. The rich just keep getting richer off that while the Middle Class is still behind under Obama.

15. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Old Ronnie's trickle down economics was a masterpiece to the ubra wealthly, it will never stop since they got that first taste of tax payer blood in a big boy cup.