Alec Baldwin Kills crew member with prop gun.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Without a doubt someone was negligent. Part of the problem is we place trust in other people. We have to at times.

Anyone familiar with lock out tag out knows you place your trust in someone telling you they locked out some piece of equipment. You then place your lock on something and trust it was done properly. There should be plenty of checks and balances to keep you safe but things break down when someone is complacent, distracted, or takes shortcuts.

We still don’t know all the fact yet but for the life of me I can’t blame the guy that put his trust in the people around him. I’m betting he knows nothing about guns and most everyone would think the same thing if they were on a movie set. If this was Clint Eastwood people would be defending him. Now that it’s a guy they dislike they want him to fry. Let’s be fair here.
We are being fair.
Mr Baldwin has elevated himself to a higher level of accountability on several occasions but most notably when he commented on a shooting by an officer who shot a man that attacked him and reached for his weapon. The man was a addict, and a vet.
C9E78AB7-D9CA-4330-979D-DD6B4605BE33.jpeg

Prop guns are real guns with blank ammo. Anyone that uses real guns has a responsibility to train themselves and ensure safety protocols are being met. Actors outsource this responsibility to the help because they cannot be bothered with it. Without training they should only be allowed to use bananas on set.

KYote-Krusher

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2006
South Central Kentucky
Haven't been able to find an account of what was actually going on when Baldwin fired the pistol ... were they rehearsing or was it a real "take"; in which case the whole thing should be on film. Or ... was he just horsing around?

Found one account, supposedly from the Sheriff's office that said she was shot in the back and the bullet penetrated her stomach. Another one said she was shot in the chest but didn't say from which direction.

If he was just being his usual a-hole self when it happened ... accident or not, he could have some extremely serious liability issues. I'll bet the ambulance chasers are camping on her husband's front lawn.

Regardless of how much he does or doesn't suffer, this whole tragedy was completely avoidable and makes me sick. May God comfort her family.

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
Baldwin already has depression and alcohol issues. It would not surprise me one bit if he committed suicide over this sometime in the next 5 years.

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
We are being fair.
Mr Baldwin has elevated himself to a higher level of accountability on several occasions but most notably when he commented on a shooting by an officer who shot a man that attacked him and reached for his weapon. The man was a addict, and a vet. View attachment 93330
Prop guns are real guns with blank ammo. Anyone that uses real guns has a responsibility to train themselves and ensure safety protocols are being met. Actors outsource this responsibility to the help because they cannot be bothered with it. Without training they should only be allowed to use bananas on set.
I’ll respectfully disagree. I don’t think it’s an actor’s job to check the guns anymore than to check any other prop used in a movie. Had a tire blowout caused the fatality of someone on the set should they be responsible for not checking them first? Or hitting a person over the head with a bottle that was real rather than breakaway. I’m just being realistic in that you surround yourself on a movie set with people who are paid to do these things. Especially if you know nothing about firearms ir anything else you work with. He may not know the difference in a blank and a real bullet. People that hate him are just being harder on him I think.

Carl

12 pointer
Dec 1, 2003
Western Kentucky
If any y'all come to my house and you see a Gun of any type...Assume it is Loaded. Because they All Are.
You have to be careful but an Unloaded Gun is either a Club or Rock depending on size of Gun.
If there are Children around, the Guns are Gone.

I Can't stand Baldwin, but I do feel sorry for him over this.

I agree with everything you said but the last sentence. I am a firm believer in Karma. I think whatever goes around comes around. I have seen it happen many times. If it doesn't happen in this life, it will get you after you die. Baldwin is a heartless soulless individual, as many liberal commie bastards are. I do not feel sorry for him. I thank Karma, (God) for justice. I can't understand why the woman had to die but as the old saying goes, God works in mysterious ways. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. :D

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
I agree with everything you said but the last sentence. I am a firm believer in Karma. I think whatever goes around comes around. I have seen it happen many times. If it doesn't happen in this life, it will get you after you die. Baldwin is a heartless soulless individual, as many liberal commie bastards are. I do not feel sorry for him. I thank Karma, (God) for justice. I can't understand why the woman had to die but as the old saying goes, God works in mysterious ways. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. :D
God isn’t in the revenge game. We may reap what we sow due to people treating you better or worse for the kind of person you are. There you go….you’re officially corrected. Lol.

aaronc

12 pointer
Jul 21, 2009
Leitchfield
Real guns are real guns,..there is no "prop guns" and the term shouldn't be used just because they're on a movie set.....the industry messed up there from the get go. IF movies do interchange blanks and real ammunition on set for whatever reason I can't believe this hasn't happened more often...total recipe for error.

One of the questions I have is does the "fake ammo" always look fake,..in other words does it look like a wadcutter or something with no visible projectile sticking out passed the brass ? If so then the gun should be checked by user/actor as well...but no way in Hades anyone is shooting a real gun at me on a movie set without ME looking at the ammo and the gun and handing it directly to the person and only if the fake ammo is visibly different.

Honestly it just wouldn't be hard to make a fake round "live" or rigged up by hand to contain any sort of projectile(s) no matter what. Too many idiots out there would do it the same way they would put something in somebody's food.

On a side note Baldwins bother played on Young Riders years ago,

"The Young Riders" The Play's the Thing (TV Episode 1990) - IMDb

Carl

12 pointer
Dec 1, 2003
Western Kentucky
God isn’t in the revenge game. We may reap what we sow due to people treating you better or worse for the kind of person you are. There you go….you’re officially corrected. Lol.
I always was taught that God was very much in "The Revenge Game" The Bible tells me so. :D :D ‘Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord” (Romans 12:19).

Deuteronomy 32:35

Vengeance is mine and recompense
for the time when their foot shall slip;
for the day of their calamity is at hand,
and their doom comes swiftly.

Nahum 1:2 (ESV)
2 The Lord is a jealous and avenging God;

the Lord is avenging and wrathful;

the Lord takes vengeance on his adversaries

and keeps wrath for his enemies.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
I would say blanks and live ammo are made at the same time in the same factory and with the ammo shortage I can see it being possible for a live round to be mixed in with a box of blanks.
Over worked workers and thousands of rounds laying around I'm sure it happens, I just can't see why he was pointing the gun at her if she wasn't a actor in the film.

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
I always was taught that God was very much in "The Revenge Game" The Bible tells me so. :D :D ‘Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord” (Romans 12:19).

God tells us to not seek revenge ourselves and that it’s his judgment that will be righteous, perfect, and just. God doesn’t strike down a guy for accidentally shooting someone. God punishes sin.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
He is an absolute douche bag....... That's not even debatable. But he's absolutely innocent of any wrong doing here. He now has to live with the fact that he killed someone. Someone that had done nothing wrong.... He pulled the trigger, albiet not intentional, but he pulled the trigger and someone is dead. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, not even this piece of shit.....

aaronc

12 pointer
Jul 21, 2009
Leitchfield

Dang Carl,..come in there. I'll let you guys sort out the thoughts of the good lord,..but I love this verse. It's gonna end up on a powder horn someday :)

Latest posts