Alec Baldwin Kills crew member with prop gun.

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
Glasgow,Ky
It's still making the daily news rounds upon the tele today. Hopefully it doesn't get milked for as long as that couple having recently passed away has managed, because that has been beyond agitating, ridiculous, and just downright wrong of news media and more.

Has the specific type of firearm utilized been released? All I have heard is the stupid term "prop gun", and that it was likely a period piece. Wondering whether that means a replica or genuine antique. Also wondering why the producers saw fit to have a firearm scene within or close proximity to what looked to be a replica of an old church, of all things. Must have been some perverted writers attempting to harm Christianity again, nothing new there.
Let me break this all down for those that won’t take the time to read the articles posted.
1. “Prop” gun does not mean it is not a “Real” gun
2. They are filming a western, so it’s obviously revolvers.
3. They sometimes use live ammo and blanks in the filming depending on what the scene calls for.
4. The director went and took 1 of 3 guns that was on a cart. It is not known if the armorer approved them to take it.
5. The director declared out loudly that the gun was safe.
6. Baldwin has no legal liability to be concerned with. Now his conscious is totally different story.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Let me break this all down for those that won’t take the time to read the articles posted.
3. They sometimes use live ammo and blanks in the filming depending on what the scene calls for.
4. The director went and took 1 of 3 guns that was on a cart. It is not known if the armorer approved them to take it.
6. Baldwin has no legal liability to be concerned with. Now his conscious is totally different story.

Thank you. I personally appreciate that recap. Cannot say that I trust it, at all, but it most certainly saved me from plowing through endless repetitive garbage online and talking heads upon the tele. I shall patiently await upon actual investigators to do a thorough job and potential court trial.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
He probably does have legal liability in that he was a producer and it was known that safety concerns were raised to the production team….safety concerns stemming from a low budget. They were clearly cutting corners.

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
Without a doubt someone was negligent. Part of the problem is we place trust in other people. We have to at times.

Anyone familiar with lock out tag out knows you place your trust in someone telling you they locked out some piece of equipment. You then place your lock on something and trust it was done properly. There should be plenty of checks and balances to keep you safe but things break down when someone is complacent, distracted, or takes shortcuts.

We still don’t know all the fact yet but for the life of me I can’t blame the guy that put his trust in the people around him. I’m betting he knows nothing about guns and most everyone would think the same thing if they were on a movie set. If this was Clint Eastwood people would be defending him. Now that it’s a guy they dislike they want him to fry. Let’s be fair here.

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
If any y'all come to my house and you see a Gun of any type...Assume it is Loaded. Because they All Are.
You have to be careful but an Unloaded Gun is either a Club or Rock depending on size of Gun.
If there are Children around, the Guns are Gone.

I Can't stand Baldwin, but I do feel sorry for him over this.

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
Glasgow,Ky
He probably does have legal liability in that he was a producer and it was known that safety concerns were raised to the production team….safety concerns stemming from a low budget. They were clearly cutting corners.
I should’ve said criminal instead of legal liability. Not sure if he was the director or not, hadn’t really paid attention to that part.

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.
If any y'all come to my house and you see a Gun of any type...Assume it is Loaded. Because they All Are.
You have to be careful but an Unloaded Gun is either a Club or Rock depending on size of Gun.
If there are Children around, the Guns are Gone.

I Can't stand Baldwin, but I do feel sorry for him over this.
True and the same at my house. But you have to think about the setting. They've been doing this for years and years so why in the world would they think it was loaded with live bullets? I'm even shocked that they had to tell him it was a "cold gun". When in the hell would they hand them a hot one?

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
IMG_3782.jpg

Too soon?

00noturkey

12 pointer
Oct 31, 2011
High Grove
Never said that, I was referring to the actor doing his scene. He pointed at the camera for a 1st person point of view. How many movies or shows have you stated down the barrel of a gun? Sniper is a great one s one I can think of where you see the bullet coming. It’s been done in hundreds of movies and films like that. That’s why the camera woman got shot.
i get that, but, to me its something ya dont do..

Latest posts