Alec Baldwin Kills crew member with prop gun.

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by predator1, Oct 22, 2021.

1. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Let me break this all down for those that won’t take the time to read the articles posted.
    1. “Prop” gun does not mean it is not a “Real” gun
    2. They are filming a western, so it’s obviously revolvers.
    3. They sometimes use live ammo and blanks in the filming depending on what the scene calls for.
    4. The director went and took 1 of 3 guns that was on a cart. It is not known if the armorer approved them to take it.
    5. The director declared out loudly that the gun was safe.
    6. Baldwin has no legal liability to be concerned with. Now his conscious is totally different story.

CRFmxracer likes this.
  2. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds

Thank you. I personally appreciate that recap. Cannot say that I trust it, at all, but it most certainly saved me from plowing through endless repetitive garbage online and talking heads upon the tele. I shall patiently await upon actual investigators to do a thorough job and potential court trial.

3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    He probably does have legal liability in that he was a producer and it was known that safety concerns were raised to the production team….safety concerns stemming from a low budget. They were clearly cutting corners.

Col. Angus likes this.
  4. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Without a doubt someone was negligent. Part of the problem is we place trust in other people. We have to at times.

Anyone familiar with lock out tag out knows you place your trust in someone telling you they locked out some piece of equipment. You then place your lock on something and trust it was done properly. There should be plenty of checks and balances to keep you safe but things break down when someone is complacent, distracted, or takes shortcuts.

We still don’t know all the fact yet but for the life of me I can’t blame the guy that put his trust in the people around him. I’m betting he knows nothing about guns and most everyone would think the same thing if they were on a movie set. If this was Clint Eastwood people would be defending him. Now that it’s a guy they dislike they want him to fry. Let’s be fair here.

Tankt and kyhunter99 like this.
  5. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I didn't know that he was a producer. If that's the case then he and all of management will be liable.

6. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    If any y'all come to my house and you see a Gun of any type...Assume it is Loaded. Because they All Are.
    You have to be careful but an Unloaded Gun is either a Club or Rock depending on size of Gun.
    If there are Children around, the Guns are Gone.

I Can't stand Baldwin, but I do feel sorry for him over this.

Southpaw, Carl, barney and 4 others like this.
  7. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    I should’ve said criminal instead of legal liability. Not sure if he was the director or not, hadn’t really paid attention to that part.

8. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

True and the same at my house. But you have to think about the setting. They've been doing this for years and years so why in the world would they think it was loaded with live bullets? I'm even shocked that they had to tell him it was a "cold gun". When in the hell would they hand them a hot one?

EdLongshanks likes this.
  9. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Where in the Hell did they get the live bullet as scarce as ammo is now.

10. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Government connections

barney likes this.
  11. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I didn't think they were allowed in California.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  12. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
  13. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    i'm sure hollowood will..

14. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    i get that, but, to me its something ya dont do..

HuntressOfLight likes this.
  15. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Happened in New Mexico.