Alec Baldwin Kills crew member with prop gun.

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by predator1, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    Exactly! ^^^

predator1 likes this.
  2. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    As much as I can't stand the guy, I cannot blame him on this. It isn't something he meant to do and he had no way of knowing it had a hot round in it and all of us would probably trust that a prop gun wasn't loaded when it was being used in a movie. I'm not sure why it was fired. Maybe she told him too? Who knows. Either way its not the kind of thing a person should be charged with in my opinion. Now, if someone on set deliberately and knowingly put the live round in then they should fry.

aaronc, JR in KY, 120+ and 2 others like this.
  3. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    It is a tragic accident. He has to live with this.

4. Strutter

Strutter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    USA.
    I’m thinking it was a revolver due to the movie being set in the 1880’s. Bad sad deal. May the lady Rest In Peace.

5. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    I read there was some serious staffing issues earlier today. Union workers for film group were walking out and they were bringing in non-union crew members to film.

Could a disgruntled crew member have done it?

davers likes this.
  6. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Just saw this press release.
    “Before fatal shooting, Alec Baldwin was handed a loaded gun on a film set by an assistant director who was unaware it held live ammunition, court records show.”

http://apne.ws/MvFShHe

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  7. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Saw this being discussed on the news tonight. Mention was made that the actor is either a producer or director (no longer recall which) for the film, compounding his liability. I recognize his name but know absolutely nothing about him at all. I think it less than prudent to jump to conclusions one way or another. It could have been intentional or unintentional upon the part of one or more individuals.

8. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    That’s crazy. Their family dinner conversations must be interesting. Isn’t one of the brothers, Stephen maybe, like a strong conservative?

RLWEBB likes this.
  9. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    This is what happens when you allow morons to handle firearms. They are simply too ignorant to do so safely.

They are making a big deal about union stage employees being removed from the set. Last I checked, the “armorer” is not a union gig. I could be wrong….but I don’t recall ever hearing that position in a local stage employee union before.

predator1 and 00noturkey like this.
  10. chadwimc

chadwimc 12 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    Earth
    You guys are barkin' up the wrong tree. When the truth comes out, it will proven that it was Trump and/or Sean Hannity's fault...;)

xbokilla, Redlined, JR in KY and 4 others like this.
  11. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Either no one will be charged or it will be a set workers fault. They will post all kinds of sympathetic crap for Baldwin.

12. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    who in their right mind, would ever point a gun at a person an pull the trigger., even a prop gun. negligent homicide at best, if it was in the real world..

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    KYote-Krusher likes this.
  13. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    he didnt point an shoot at another actor though.

mwezell likes this.
  14. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    It's still making the daily news rounds upon the tele today. Hopefully it doesn't get milked for as long as that couple having recently passed away has managed, because that has been beyond agitating, ridiculous, and just downright wrong of news media and more.

Has the specific type of firearm utilized been released? All I have heard is the stupid term "prop gun", and that it was likely a period piece. Wondering whether that means a replica or genuine antique. Also wondering why the producers saw fit to have a firearm scene within or close proximity to what looked to be a replica of an old church, of all things. Must have been some perverted writers attempting to harm Christianity again, nothing new there.

Redlined likes this.