Alec Baldwin Kills crew member with prop gun.

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by predator1, Oct 22, 2021.

1. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    In real life, absolutely.

2. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I think everyone on this site agrees. I'm obviously ignorant of "movie sets" but first, why would you need to say "cold gun"? When in the hell would they be handed a "hot gun"?
    Baldwin couldn't have known it had real bullets, from what I would comprehend, as a layman who doesn't know the protocol.
    On the other side, I hate the prick. Since he is a producer of the film I hope it does him in. He's a prick, period.

3. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Evidently, there are movies that require real bullets. For what, I don't know. But this isn't one of them....... The armorer and the other's responsible for the guns really screwed up. At least one person will face involuntary manslaughter charges, I would think. As the producer, Baldwin, and everyone involved will be sued in civil court, for loads of $$$$$, and win easily.

predator1 and Tankt like this.
  4. So many fails on this tragic event. The producer (Baldwin) hired a cute young female as armourer despite the fact that this was only her 2nd such gig and she claimed to not be qualified. Industry safety protocols were not being followed as they had already had multiple AD's on the set that day/week and some of the staff walked off due to safety concerns. There are no valid reasons to have live ammo on a set where prop guns loaded with only blanks are required. Reports that some of the crew had went "Plinking" with the gun in question earlier that day indicate that live rounds were on-set and available. Police found live rounds on set. The Colt 45 SA army revolver was capable of loading and firing live ammo. Armourer failed to load the prop gun with blanks. Baldwin, failed to check his own weapon before the rehersal. Even when firing blanks the proper safety technique is to aim slightly off tgt so there can be no question that the gun is not pointed directly at a human. Gun Safety 101: Treat all firearms as if they are loaded. As soon as you are handed a gun, check to see if it is loaded. Never point a gun at anything or anybody that you are not willing to destroy. The producer (Baldwin) and the armourer are culpable with executive responsibility and Baldwin as the man who pulled the trigger is directly responsible for this death because he failed to follow established industry safety procedures. Hang em. This would have never happened on the set of John Wick. A professional like Keanu Reeves learns the necessary skills to perform with expert level efficiency before he/she sets foot on the set to film. Baldwin on the other hand seems to have demonstrated a blatant disregard for safety in general and a high degree of ignorance or negligence or both with regards to weapon craft on set.

5. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I also heard that the cast was off with the weapons earlier that morning shooting target with them. I don't remember where I heard/read that but that's what I remember. So...... I'm with 120 I can't stand the guy but you know he's gonna walk out of this smelling roses. I hope the young lady who lost her life, that her family sues the hell out of them. She had a young son, so sad and unnecessary.

00noturkey, Gforcetrivers and Tankt like this.
  6. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    For all we know, she was a Russian spy. Purportedly, she was born a Communist; moreover, she may have died as one, as well. Based upon her purported age, her father may still be alive. If so, that is whom the killer(s) should be most concerned about, at this point in time and future. He was/is purportedly military, indicating that she was privileged upon birth, if true. Rank currently unknown, but she would have be born with same.

7. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Low budget film and trying to cut costs has bit them in the rear. This could have been avoided if someone had done their job.

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  8. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky

Every actor in Hollywood should be made to watch this video. This guy gets it and he makes several good points, it's worth listening to the whole thing.

In fact, I don't think it would hurt anybody to watch that, man, woman, (whatever), young or old.

Feedman likes this.
  9. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I have seen that guy on Tucker Carlson before

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  10. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    And you claim you aren’t a conspiracy theorist….

11. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Still do.

12. KY_Fried

KY_Fried 12 pointer

Nov 13, 2003
    Foster, KY, USA.
    That's what they say but I don't buy it.

00noturkey and Tankt like this.
  13. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019

Psst, I finally read another news article about this incident; two of them, actually, while still much less than alert. This new one had some interesting information about the husband of the deceased. He is purportedly a "lawyer". Haven't checked to try and verify that but will add that most people fail to realize a difference exists between lawyer and attorney; no idea whether the writer realizes such.

Halyna Hutchins family retains legal counsel, will reportedly file wrongful death lawsuit

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/halyna-hutchins-legal-counsel-wrongful-death-lawsuit

14. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019

Comments were, interestingly enough, disabled by Fox News and/or its writer, for that article in which I previously linked; however, such was not the case for the same writer's article published only a few hours prior. I read a few of those. Most readers had taken great exception to something in which the writer published, a choice in wording which pertained to the discharge (semantics). The writer did so yet again, within the linked article. Of those referenced comments, I appreciated the following one:

"1h ago
    • All this deflection is sickening. Allow me to ask the simple question. If the scene that was going to be rehearsed involved Alex pointing the gun at his head, do you think he would have checked to see if it was loaded or just pull the trigger?"

bowhunter269 likes this.
  15. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    They should adopt a policy that the NRA gives everyone on set a gun safety course before any gun is to be touched by anyone. Had this happened this tragedy wouldn’t have happened. They will never allow it however due to their ignorance and hate for the NRA.

00noturkey likes this.