Alaskan Brown Bear

hunt

8 pointer
Sep 29, 2015
The Berg
I think that is officially the most beautiful mount I've ever seen. I love him.
I do agree with that, it's just stunning, I've never seen anything like that.

For @CHL, how do you hunt Alaskan Brown's? Is it a fly-in spot/stalk deal, or running water in a boat spotting/stalking, or something else?

I'm just curious. I'd love to know how those big-game hunts go and what kind of firearm is necessary to anchor such an animal.

I know a bunch of people that go shoot black bears over bait, but this is obviously next level pursuit, and it just fascinates me.

I enjoy seeing these threads with kills that most could only dream of, and you and @1wildcatfan never disappoint. Congrats on such a once-in-a-lifetime trophy! Well done Sir.

CHL

10 pointer
Jul 14, 2008
Central KY
I do agree with that, it's just stunning, I've never seen anything like that.

For @CHL, how do you hunt Alaskan Brown's? Is it a fly-in spot/stalk deal, or running water in a boat spotting/stalking, or something else?

I'm just curious. I'd love to know how those big-game hunts go and what kind of firearm is necessary to anchor such an animal.

I know a bunch of people that go shoot black bears over bait, but this is obviously next level pursuit, and it just fascinates me.

I enjoy seeing these threads with kills that most could only dream of, and you and @1wildcatfan never disappoint. Congrats on such a once-in-a-lifetime trophy! Well done Sir.
Thanks man. I was way down on the Alaskan Peninsula and you can see on my In-Reach messages (depicts my location when I sent a message). Right across the Bering Sea from Russia. From main camp
we took Super Cubs out, got dropped off, and set up spike camp from there. We literally spent close to 12 hrs/day glassing, then you hopefully locate a big Bear eventually. Then the hunt and stalk begins. On say 6 we got to 167 yds and I was shooting a .338 and shot him 5-6 times.

1657231294296.jpeg

hunt

8 pointer
Sep 29, 2015
The Berg
Thanks man. I was way down on the Alaskan Peninsula and you can see on my In-Reach messages (depicts my location when I sent a message). Right across the Bering Sea from Russia. From main camp
we took Super Cubs out, got dropped off, and set up spike camp from there. We literally spent close to 12 hrs/day glassing, then you hopefully locate a big Bear eventually. Then the hunt and stalk begins. On say 6 we got to 167 yds and I was shooting a .338 and shot him 5-6 times.

View attachment 102754
Wow, now that's hunting! That's an unbelievable amount of time behind the glass just to start the hunt! Thanks for the reply. Good shooting, and Congrats again on such a trophy! 👍👍

Reactions: CHL

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
Chris hell of a trophy, I'm sure you'll enjoy reliving that hunt for a long time!

Latest posts