1. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 10 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Don't have one and always thought it was a gimmick, my buddy's wife cooks everyday and everything with hers, I tasted some french fries and chicken last night that was pretty tasty. Anyone else recommend a good brand ? I know there is hundreds of brands of them

2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
  3. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    FIL wears his out. Bought it off Amazon. He’s even done the Thanksgiving Turkey in his!

4. captain71

captain71 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2011
    Western Ky
    I got the small one from Walmart it does wonders cooks fast and taste good.

bgkyarcher likes this.
  5. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    They make surprisingly good fried chicken.

ptbrauch likes this.
  6. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I'll have to look to confirm it, but I think ours is the Power XL. We got ours as a gift and it does a lot of things really well. As mentioned, it does really good fried chicken. I like to do chicken wings in ours to get that crispy, fried texture. And anything that's a frozen appetizer type of thing that you'd fry is really good in them. Reheating something that was fried before (chicken strips, etc) will make them about as close to fresh from the fryer as you can get. We like to reheat french fries brought home from a restaurant to make them hot and crispy again. And a guy I work with was telling me that he does his steaks in his, but I've not tried that yet.

kyoutdoorsman likes this.