Ain't weed eatin' no more

Dubya Gee

8 pointer
Apr 10, 2012
Snow, KY
Do you want it cleared of all things green or just the weeds.

2,4-D will cheaply handle your broad leaves (everything but grass).

Pramitol will clear out the vegetation all year. Down side is that you may have difficulty making anything grow there for several years.
Agreed. This is what I use. I actually mix a little diesel fuel in it for faster burn down. Highly effective.

KYBH4Life, you should be able to find it at any farm store or most fertilize distributors.

KYBH4Life

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
I just did some research on Pramitol and it looks to be highly effective but has some drawbacks. It moves tbrough the soil and you gotta be careful of run-off. Also, it is a ground sterilant so Round Up must be used first then followed by pramitol. Maybe same time? Can you spray both together? This stuff even kills trees. Gonna be careful where I clean out my sprayer with this.

Monster01

8 pointer
Dec 9, 2013
I've tried to get away from the chemicals and started using rock salt and vinegar. Having a lawn business, I spend a ton on glyphosate. Rock salt and vinegar has been cheaper for me and still only have to spray 3 or 4 times a year.

I like this idea Becuase I've seen it work around salt licks but I wonder how do u apply the rock salt ? Is there liquid salt or do u get a block and soak it then spray the red water? Or do u hand throw crushed salt ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubya Gee

8 pointer
Apr 10, 2012
Snow, KY
I just did some research on Pramitol and it looks to be highly effective but has some drawbacks. It moves tbrough the soil and you gotta be careful of run-off. Also, it is a ground sterilant so Round Up must be used first then followed by pramitol. Maybe same time? Can you spray both together? This stuff even kills trees. Gonna be careful where I clean out my sprayer with this.
I have never tried it with RoundUp before application or prior too. I have never applied anything prior to the Pramitol itself.

Dubya Gee

8 pointer
Apr 10, 2012
Snow, KY
I like this idea Becuase I've seen it work around salt licks but I wonder how do u apply the rock salt ? Is there liquid salt or do u get a block and soak it then spray the red water? Or do u hand throw crushed salt ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any way to get a high enough concentration of salt will do the job.

Dubya Gee

8 pointer
Apr 10, 2012
Snow, KY
FYI, I haven't looked for it in a while, but it also came in a pelletized form that rain water would dissolve and disperse. Looked like rock salt.