Adopted a German Shorthair Pointer

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by buckfever, May 24, 2010.

1. jeff

jeff 8 pointer

Dec 15, 2004
    E-Town ky
    You might also want to check out Quail Forever Commonwealth Chapter - http://qflou.com/

I would also get rid of the tennis balls(use bumpers), you don't want him to get hard mouth.

Nice looking dog also!

2. Jonesy's Gun Dogs

Jonesy's Gun Dogs 6 pointer

Sep 24, 2006
    Berea
    The dog needs to learn some on his own before the launcher stuff. From the way it sounds with the handler an dog, launchers could cause this dog some bird issues, that will take someone time to fix. Your timing is everyting with a dog, you do the wrong thing at the wrong time....and things will blow. Now, I am not saying anything negative twards the post, or twards the new owner........I am covering the dogs butt.....it is my concern. This is why I offered for you to come out an work dogs with the rescue, I was offering help to help out both of you. I cant tell you what the dog is goona do or act on, when I cant see it work and do things. There are things that live birds will do that your timing with launchers wont, there are things about launchers your dog will learn, that your timing has taught it. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. here is another place to learn honesty with launnchers.......go to www.pineyrunkennel.com this is Martha Greenlee site, she spends alot of time with Maurice Lindley, they did a weekend write up on dog work with launchers, she did have a few different articles there, this weekend we were all there and had a great time, she is a good person. Thanks Jonesy

3. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    kudos on your hydrangeas, they are looking good

4. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    My opinion after reading all post, take Jonesy's up on his offer. As a matter of fact, if you don't, your not as smart as I thought your were. I tried the smile's couldn't get them to work. I also need one now.

Good looking dog, for a short hair. ;) There we go.

5. Mtdrummer

Mtdrummer Spike

Jun 30, 2008
    Paintsville, KY
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but, I really like the looks of that dog even if it doesn't have a tail. There I said it.:D
    Now, all kidding aside, I think that you probably have your hands on something good. I would go to Jonesy's, he is excellent at bringing a dog to his potential. He's always been straight with me. He'll tell you straight up what you need to know.

6. Just found a good read in the May issue of Ky game and fish.