Accidental overdose of friend

PUBLIC RAT

10 pointer
Feb 18, 2014
The fentanyl drug coming from China and smuggled in thru Mexico is mixed with heroin which is highly addictive. Imagine for many years the strong drugs legally prescribed such as morphine. Fentanyl by itself is 100x more powerful than morphine.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
...But it is time that we realize that the "war" against drugs was lost a long time ago and we must change our tactics to keep as many people safe as possible.

We have to begin by decriminalizing addiction. Being an addict is not a crime - it is a sickness. And people who are addicted need help, not persecution or prosecution. It's time that we made sure that anyone who wants help has access.

I strongly disagree with your perspective. Darwin awards to them.

barney

12 pointer
Oct 11, 2005
I moved to Jesus. Still gets me where I need to be.
Good move!
I have a cousin who did the same 8 years ago. His girlfriend found him in the bathroom with water running as well 4 years ago. Probably saved his life that time, but he's right back where he was now.

bearleft

6 pointer
Mar 16, 2014
La Grange KY
I do not support illegal drug use, and I do strongly support our law enforcement officers.

But it is time that we realize that the "war" against drugs was lost a long time ago and we must change our tactics to keep as many people safe as possible.

We have to begin by decriminalizing addiction. Being an addict is not a crime - it is a sickness. And people who are addicted need help, not persecution or prosecution. It's time that we made sure that anyone who wants help has access.
I agree 100%, but there's no money to be made if no one gets arrested or goes to prison, attorneys etc..

Last edited:

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
I do not support illegal drug use, and I do strongly support our law enforcement officers.

But it is time that we realize that the "war" against drugs was lost a long time ago and we must change our tactics to keep as many people safe as possible.

That’s great. Decriminalize drugs. I’m all about it. Absolutely ZERO fricking tax dollars should go to help those that use. Not one cent!! That includes welfare, treatment, health care, food….absolutely nothing. I support your right to kill yourself, but society damn sure should not have to fund your existence, which is exactly what happens. Look at LA, Seattle, Portland,….all the cesspools. It would only be worse and it would destroy what’s left of our society completely.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
There's no war on drugs! It's a money grab by everyone who can make a buck, our county court houses love the money it brings in!
Rehabs don't want to get you clean they want to keep you alive and coming back, sure lots of good people working in such places really care but the owners always cut the time short so you go back to it.
It's not a disease it's a choice some make all the while knowing what can happen but the feeling they get Trumps everything else!
If they wanted to they could stop 80% of the illegal drugs coming in to the country, do that and execute those who are selling it and see if it doesn't curve what's going on.
Instead they sell there drugs live on welfare and ruin lives!

barney

12 pointer
Oct 11, 2005
Let me clarify a little bit..

If the addict wants and seeks help there's a good chance for extended recovery. Those who are forced to rehab by whomever there's slim to no chance for lasting recovery.

I know at least 20 families who did a Casey's law on a family member with zero success. A few of those ended in fatal overdose within a week or two of discharge as well.

dirtstalker

12 pointer
Nov 20, 2009
Clay County

Addiction is neither a crime, nor a sickness, or a disease for that matter.
It's a choice.

aaronc

12 pointer
Jul 21, 2009
Leitchfield
I know what Barney is saying though, you never know when they’ll go right back to the pipe, needle or even a bottle. Oh yeah, in some cases ain’t no worse junkie than a drunk.

Beat me to it,...you'll see just as many ETOH's in the hospital in dt's as OD's. It's every bit as ugly if not more. Legalize this,..legalize that. It ain't gonna matter.

Beat me to it,...you'll see just as many ETOH's in the hospital in dt's as OD's. It's every bit as ugly if not more. Legalize this,..legalize that. It ain't gonna matter.

One of my best friends from HS is a raging vodka drunk and watching him go down by drowning in a bottle of Popov makes me sick. He drinks a big bottle some days. Alcohol is definitely a drug as bad any out there and has killed far more than the rest combined. Nicotine has killed its share, my dad included.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds

I assisted a previously convicted Doctor Shopper, whom had graduated to E.R. Shopper. Said shopper had graduated to the Psych Unit Floor from E.R. Upon said shopper's eventual discharge and request, I immediately drove said shopper to a frequented pain management facility (said shopper obviously continued to frequent many doctors and facilities).

Said shopper was not experiencing pain, of course. Upon additional request, I then drove said shopper to a pharmacy, whereupon said shopper attempted to con me into purchasing the script(s) to which I declined, of course. Said shopper purchased it/them, after having lied about being broke.

I then drove said shopper to a house, told it was a drug house by said shopper, whereupon said shopper's entry was declined, which also failed to surprise me. Upon request of said shopper, I drove said shopper directly back to the same E.R., for said shopper professed to having no place to sleep. I possess high confidence the new script(s) was smuggled into E.R., for mixing, being that I failed to find them stashed within the car. I then called the E.R. and told them what all had gone down, within just an hour's time of discharge from its psych floor and was thanked for doing so.

Said shopper was quickly discharged, once again, after having attempted and failed to regain admission to the psych unit again, where the goodies are kept and pumped out to all. ER had arranged transport to a drug-free rehabilitation house, but said shopper never made it there; my guess is that the driver was conned into taking said shopper elsewhere. Fairly interesting, I took some fun video of all and was rather amused.

Merely one of seemingly countless addicts whom I have assisted. DT upon intial arrival to the hospital, no doubts, DT while there, even though pumped full of many drugs, DT upon discharge... shopper's choice...

Last edited:

Latest posts