A quick word about this forum

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by ojibwa62, Aug 10, 2019.

1. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    First off I like the hunting side of it, the community and politics side not so much.

I see guys sign up and never post , I have talked personally to several forum members.

As to why some no longer post or have never posted

We know why some no longer post on here just look at the way some members comment to those they don't like or agree with.
    It's very sad this forum should be fun , it's a hunting forum we all like hunting, right?

But some have such low self-esteem and sad pathetic lives they need to attack others online to make themselves look smart and their forum troll buddies agree with every comment they make..

I shouldn't be surprised it's a symptom of being a forum full of Anonymous people..

Am I bent out of shape as Ed put it , NO..
    I'm just saddened that grown men have to act like 8yo children on a hunting forum.

2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    What have I missed? Ed was just busting your chops about hockey and Michigan. Lighten up a little dude.

Nock, drakeshooter and dirtstalker like this.
  3. Genesis 27:3

Genesis 27:3 10 pointer

Oct 13, 2018
    Christain county
    I wouldn't take it personal.I would just avoid conflict.keep showing gods love.somebody on here is paying attention.

Carpdaddy likes this.
  4. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    It’s easy to be a tough guy online. Mods must be on permanent vacation or don’t care about cleaning the mess up.

5. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    What have I missed? I haven't noticed anyone being a jerk. Recently, I'm on here more than most.

00noturkey likes this.
  6. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    I've only been a member here a few years, but I notice the later in the offseason it gets the more bored everyone gets. Then it turns into silly arguments and sarcasm. I've been known to be guilty of the latter lol Nothing personal to anyone. Just passing the time until we have more hunting related topics to talk about. Have to say, there is a ton of great info and expertise on here. Worth hanging around.

barney likes this.
  7. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Pretty sure Ed was the straw. This site’s future content just dropped 30%.

EdLongshanks and 1wildcatfan like this.
  8. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    You've got to be kidding? Ed is the biggest cutup on the forum.

9. aaronc

aaronc 8 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield

Dunno man,....but if you don't like the politics and community part so much I'd say perhaps not spend so much time in them . Given the number of post you put in them and even threads started it really doesn't add up....??? Politics are politics,...it's gonna be what it's gonna be. Mods opened it up to clean up the community forum I think...and they opened it up with a warning.

"Since politics seems to be the discussion of choice for many of you, we have made a new Politics forum. Don't want to read about politics? (I know I sure don't on a hunting forum), then don't go over there.
    It won't do any good to report posts, unless something is posted that potentially breaks the law, it probably won't be deleted. Again, if you can't read opposing political views from either side without running to tattle, don't click on that forum.

There will be a grace period of a couple days where any political post made in community forum will be moved. After that, it will just be deleted.

Thanks, and happy hunting"

Politics and mainly the 2nd is of keen interest to me. A lot of guys post some info and articles with insight related to it. I am glad it's here.

Overall attitude of the forum can be dry at times. It is what it is too I think. I know your a Godly man,...that's more than okay by me but of all the things I personally wish to see the least of on here it's church. That's alright too though....I just don't click on those threads or just keep trucking most of the time.....My overall point is I do not want a heavily moderated forum.

10. Cleaning up what exactly lmao? What a crybaby, safe space needing thread. Pentail made it clear to not waste your time crying to mods about the politics forum. Stay off or man up and shut up the crying. It’s simple really.

Straightforward and simple.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    yote hunter, jblack1, aaronc and 2 others like this.
  11. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Exactly. 3 years or so ago, some of the mods were pretty crazy with bans. I got banned for saying "You're a moron....". I like the way it is now. Nobody gets out of hand, and the back and forth is pretty clean.

jblack1, 00noturkey, barney and 3 others like this.
  12. aaronc

aaronc 8 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield

Yeah I've been here a while,....I am just more active with little moderation.

jblack1, barney and drakeshooter like this.
  13. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I thought you were pretty new A-A-Ron. lol.

14. aaronc

aaronc 8 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield

I beat you here by 2 years brotha :cool:

15. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Dang, you finally came out of your shell!

00noturkey likes this.