A question for the moderators/Admin. of Kentucky Hunting.

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Carl, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    I was just wondering why we still have the QDM section here. No one uses it, hardly any replies. It is just taking up space for nothing..The last post there was started over 2 years ago with no replies. Would it be too difficult to remove it / change the title / replace it with something else? Something that would get more traffic. I know an airgun section would would get more traffic. I know I could post some interesting topics there.
    If some nut job posted undesirable comments they could be banned. Please consider making this change.

Thank You,
    Carl

mac0492, Dark Cloud and aaronc like this.
  2. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    I'll support ya Carl. I don't know squat about what QDM is/was for but I love my German Air Rifles. It ain't even gonna bother me if the natives make fun of us ;),....hell I don't care.
    X2 on some air rifle space here.

Carl and 1wildcatfan like this.
  3. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Make bowfishing a regular forum, not a sub-forum.
    Really, a Red Ryder pea shooter forum??????? :)

4. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Yep regular backyard plinker here of fine german engineering. :D

1wildcatfan likes this.
  5. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Here is a fine trophy KY starling. Taken with one of Germany's finest,..a Diana Mod 48 in 22.cal :D

Attached Files:

1wildcatfan, barney and Carl like this.
  6. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    I am not talking about BB guns like you are not talking about toy bows with suction cups on the arrows. It is close minded people like you that don't like airguns. How about you standing a hundred yards away and letting me shoot you in the ass with one of my so called "BB guns. :D:D:D:D. I can guarantee that you would be visiting the ER as fast as you could get there. I can kill a coyote from 50 yds or a rabbit from 100 yds (easy) BB guns, hell when I was a kid we used to have BB gun wars, No shooting above the waste or you were banned for the summer. Our war games stopped when my Dad bought me a 1894 Daisy. I buried a BB on a friends ass. My new Daisy was more powerful than my friends old air rifles.,,,,,,Also we already have 3 bow forums.
    1. Archery Equipment

2. Crossbow Forum

3. Traditional Archery

P.S. Dad never knew about our war games or he would have busted my ass. :(:(

7. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    I had a Diana Mod 54 recoilless before I went to PCP. At 40 yds. it was more accurate than anything I have. Those Germans make fine air rifles.

aaronc likes this.
  8. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Shouldn't it be a Bridge Bowfishing forum?

woodsman92, timer, Capttrae and 4 others like this.
  9. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Ha,..man them 54 Air Kings are legends. Not sure if I'll ever get one but would love to. I'm just an old fashioned springer guy. I prefer the sidelevers..but have a few others. I know the advantages of PCP but I have no plans to go that direction.

10. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    lololol

11. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    Have you tried Poly Mags? They are the most accurate pellet I have ever tried and I have tried a lot. They are devastating on small to medium game. I killed 3 groundhogs at one setting with these, this summer. 3 shots, 3 kills.
    polymag 22.jpeg

aaronc likes this.
  12. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Nope never have,....I need to get a little deeper into it. I do have several brands here but no polys. I have a leapers to put on that 48 I just posted and a 1 piece mount.....gonna do that after deer season. I also have the 52 (same rifle with monte carlo stock) that i got on a sale,..she's a beaut. .and a few others.
    When I say more in to it,..I mean my next purchase needs to be a chrony,..and sit down and walk myself through a tune on one of these. I'm in the airgun forum,..the things that can be done with these rifles are amazing,..I really am a just a plinker/hunter but gettin a little more serious all time. Thanks for the tip on the polys,...I'll try them out. Nice job on the pigs.
    I'll say this...I bought a baseline 10/22 about 2 years ago,..what a damn disappointment in quality. ANY one of my rifles is much better made. Sad to say but true.

Carl likes this.
  13. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    Hint, hint. Admin. this post was started an hour ago and already seen more traffic than QDM has has in years. :D

FOWLER2671 and aaronc like this.
  14. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Might pick one up black friday
    Screenshot_20191119-183708_Chrome.jpg

Munson, Winchester94, RLWEBB and 2 others like this.
  15. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Funny,..I never ever owned a BB gun growing up. My first was an old Stevens Crackshot .22

Carl likes this.