A may regret that

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bow_hunter_42452, Nov 4, 2016.

1. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Ok, I'll come to the lads rescue. I know for a fact the caliber of deer he sees and hunts because I hunted the same property for years and still hunt the property that joins him. Not only that but he hunts another property that's got just as good deer on it. I've killed at least 6 bucks over 150 with a couple being over 160 and my biggest over 170. It's just a good areas because we've passed deer for years and sometimes it pays off. My spot is being logged this year so I'm not having the same luck but I guarantee he is on the up and up. I thought he was dumb passing the 8 the second time but if you have a goal and heart set on something special then I say more power to them.

bow_hunter_42452 and Capttrae like this.
  2. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    He missed the first time and passed him at 25 yards the next day.

3. supergoat80

supergoat80 10 pointer

Aug 31, 2012
    I'm thinking high 130s on the 8 so passing on him after a first attempt I definitely see when you want something bigger. As far as nine bucks I was reading his post the other day. He never said he was rattling in giants I've had days of parading young bucks while rattling. One mourning I already had four come in with in the first hour all dinks. So thanks for your post I hope you don't stop. I'm struggling this year I'm living vicariously through your post.

4. Georgia Transplant

Georgia Transplant 10 pointer

May 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    Nice buck pictures for sure. I hope you get that big bruiser.

5. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    Child Please.

6. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    Right, so he missed him.

7. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    I guess if you got it like that it's cool,in my woods be a miracle to see a deer close to that size. I'd be keeping my mouth shut and hunting. Hope the poachers don't find your hole, good luck

Dark Cloud and rockhousehunter like this.
  8. nontypical2002

nontypical2002 6 pointer

Feb 26, 2006
    I sure hope you don't plan on quitting your day job to become a full time scorer.....

rockhousehunter likes this.
  9. EarlyBird1

EarlyBird1 8 pointer

Aug 4, 2014
    SouthCentral KY
    I think we have some folks that can't judge a deer very well. Velvet off that 8 isn't in the vicinity of 150". He might touch 140". If the guy got excited and took a shot and then changed his mind and let him walk a day later then props to him. Funny how guys who maybe don't have a good of hunting places or are having a slow season want to start throwing rocks and accusations at a guy that is in the chips.

It couldn't be possible that a guy is in a great place and knows what he's doing right? Maybe he and the folks that hunt that area have created that situation by making many such decisions. But that couldn't be it... it's easier to believe something else so that it's a lot more comfortable for me when I shoot a buck because "you can't pass one like that on my place".

It's interesting that I've now seen many buck killed and posted on here this year and a lot of them are deer that many on here would not have shot. Yet not one single time have I seen someone challenge a guy for shooting the deer. Not once have I seen someone be anything but congratulatory. But Lord forbid you let a guy say he passed a 137" 8 pointer and people lose their minds. It's pitiful.

bow_hunter_42452 likes this.
  10. slyfly76

slyfly76 6 pointer

Mar 12, 2011
    Man I hate to jump in this mess and I'm probably going to regret saying this but Nov 2 2012 I called in 13 different bucks in an all day sit and shot a decent 9 point out of the bunch, if you hit it just right they are very susceptible to calling.

bow_hunter_42452 likes this.
  11. littletom

littletom 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    Knob Lick, Ky
    Not saying it didn't happen. Some folks just talk to much everyone is different. There are guys that shoot big deer year in year out and no one ever hears about. Different strokes for different folks.

12. bow_hunter_42452

bow_hunter_42452 6 pointer

Jun 3, 2012
    yea alot of work has been done there and alot of guys around me are on the same page as I am. Yea I shot at him the night before because it all happened so we fast with him chasing does... the next morning I got alot better and longer look at him and decided to pass. I understand I'm very lucky to have a place like this and I know alot of guys think I'm crazy but I killed 180 typical there last year with my bow so I know the big ones are there but people just don't understand what it's like to have a great spot. So they take it out on someone who does

13. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    You said you video all your hunts. Post them then. If not well......

rockhousehunter and Dark Cloud like this.
  14. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
    I saw 13 bucks in one bunch one time when I busted through a thicket on a bushhog. They ran out into a bean field and stopped. I counted them 3 times. I couldn't believe it. Not a 1 of them over 110"

15. EarlyBird1

EarlyBird1 8 pointer

Aug 4, 2014
    SouthCentral KY
    Does he have to get the video proof validated by a Notary Public? Smh