A Couple Prime Briskets For A Catering Gig... PICS

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by Shiz-Nit, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Shiz-Nit

Shiz-Nit 10 pointer

Well I got a couple sweet prime briskets for an up incoming catering gig. Since these will be severed at wedding shower I decided to foo foo the brew with a lime. As I am cleaning Ole Shizes Catering House Of Que Kitchen tonight. These bad boy briskets will be the bomb indeed!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Tried that Summer Ale last week. It was ok, not the best. I don't like the Shandy type of summet beers. My new favorites are Pale Ales....not IPA's but Pale Ale. Less alcohol and bitterness but great hoppy aroma

3. EKYridgerunner

EKYridgerunner 10 pointer

Sep 13, 2010
    That's a lot of meat.

Oberon is a staple summer beer.

4. Shiz-Nit

Shiz-Nit 10 pointer

Yes 2 nice briskets is a lot of meat... But for this year one one on brisket cooks. I did 27 briskets... Same cook... Same smoker....

5. jsc3150

jsc3150 8 pointer

Sep 20, 2004
    Lexington
    Can't wait to see the finished product pictures

6. SmokeShow

SmokeShow 10 pointer

Nov 11, 2013
    Is Heineken a pale ale?

7. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    No....it's a German Lager. Hate that stuff

8. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    It's those stupid green bottles, the hops react to the ample light coming through them and "get skunky" - IF you try it off a keg where light cannot get through it's actually not bad brew IMO

Any company should know better than putting beer in green or clear bottles , it's not like brown bottles don't already exist

9. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Some dandy looking briskets there btw! :eagerness:

10. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    It could be the brown bottles but I don't think so. I don't like it on draft either. Harp and Becks come in green bottles as well as Grolsh and those are great beers.

11. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY

Well.....

http://www.professorbeer.com/articles/skunked_beer.html

12. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    I have heard the argument before and well aware of the scientifics of it. The green bottles will allow the beer to skunk more so than the brown bottles IF........key word there....IF the beer is exposed to significant amounts of light, thus the reason for the brown bottles in the first place. If kept in the dark, theoretically there should be no difference. How do you know if your favorite beer has been kept in the dark the whole time since it was bottled? Well, that's just a leap of faith in your favorite brewing company I guess.

For the record, I am brewing Blue Moon right this very second and my next batch in 3 hours will be Founders All Day IPA.