A confession to make...

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by TripleGee, Sep 23, 2011.

1. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    After reading a couple threads about losing animals, specifically deer, after going great lengths to retrieve them, and the thread berating the posting of the experiences, I have to say that I have never lost a deer, but I have committed another similar and apparently horrible crime. I feel it's time to confess.

I have, on several occasions, gut-hooked different species of fish and couldn't release them. I know, I feel Shame and disgrace. It gets worse as I have another confession to make. I took them home and dismembered them. I decapitated and gutted them. I even went so far as to skin them and throw that away. Even Buffalo Bob would tsk, tsk me. And then, horror of horrors, I ate them. But, that's not the worst. I have shot squirrels, hit them hard, only to have them crawl into a hole and die slowly. Insensitive me didn't bring a chainsaw and do the honorable thing. But wait, killling a tree to get a squirrel has its' own measure of shame attached doesn't it?

I don't know what to do. I've tried finding therapy groups to attend to help me with my guilt, but to no avail. I guess I'll just keep on fishing and hunting and keep on trying to be the most ethical outdoorsman I can be. I hope my fellow forum members will sympathize. I am sure that I've ruined any chance to hunt with the elite taxidermists on this site... Oh well, the price of shame. I can only try to do better.

PS I tried to make this a funny post, but it turned out to be borderline SA. Don't mean to offend anybody, even DR. T. But, I wanted to show that crap happens no matter what you're doing.

2. Dogsoldier

Dogsoldier Fawn

Sep 9, 2011
    Well, your post was well written, humorous, and to the point.
    I enjoyed it for sure.

3. useyourbow

useyourbow 12 pointer

You should not mock carma. Go peace my son.

4. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    I like your style, 3G, I like your style! :)

5. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    I'll never mess with Karma. I've seen what it's done to my cousin Earl Hickey. We seem to be identical cousins.

6. B.G.O. of Kentucky

B.G.O. of Kentucky 12 pointer

Nov 19, 2002
    Louisville, Ky, USA.
    How dare you! Haha. Pretty funny stuff.

7. Jeepin

Jeepin 8 pointer

Aug 14, 2011
    Spencer
    good stuff right there good stuff haha

8. mathewsxt

mathewsxt 6 pointer

Aug 24, 2010
    Well triplegee you make my day everytime read a post from you. Lol shit just happens sometimes and sometimes you just gotta flush a few more times for the courtesy of it.

9. ril7572

ril7572 Cyber-Hunter

Jul 9, 2003
    Ky..
    OMG, you guthooked a fish:mad:

Nothing wrong with being a boaderline SA, it always seems to work for me:)

10. bub901

bub901 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2007
    Central Kentucky
    Now that's just some funny stuff, I don't care who you are!

11. dray223

dray223 10 pointer

Mar 11, 2010
    Well atleast you tried. Haha Jk

12. Blevins Gap Outdoors

Blevins Gap Outdoors 12 pointer

Nov 9, 2002
    Louisville, KY
    I hope now that you have confessed you feel better:D

13. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    I feel as though I've been relieved of a great and powerful burden. No, wait, I just took a dump. Still feeling the gut hook thing.

14. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Have you tried hookersanonymous.com? It may not completely cure your guthook problem but it will no longer weigh on your mind.....I promise!