A confession to make...

TripleGee

12 pointer
Sep 13, 2003
Somerset
After reading a couple threads about losing animals, specifically deer, after going great lengths to retrieve them, and the thread berating the posting of the experiences, I have to say that I have never lost a deer, but I have committed another similar and apparently horrible crime. I feel it's time to confess.

I have, on several occasions, gut-hooked different species of fish and couldn't release them. I know, I feel Shame and disgrace. It gets worse as I have another confession to make. I took them home and dismembered them. I decapitated and gutted them. I even went so far as to skin them and throw that away. Even Buffalo Bob would tsk, tsk me. And then, horror of horrors, I ate them. But, that's not the worst. I have shot squirrels, hit them hard, only to have them crawl into a hole and die slowly. Insensitive me didn't bring a chainsaw and do the honorable thing. But wait, killling a tree to get a squirrel has its' own measure of shame attached doesn't it?

I don't know what to do. I've tried finding therapy groups to attend to help me with my guilt, but to no avail. I guess I'll just keep on fishing and hunting and keep on trying to be the most ethical outdoorsman I can be. I hope my fellow forum members will sympathize. I am sure that I've ruined any chance to hunt with the elite taxidermists on this site... Oh well, the price of shame. I can only try to do better.

PS I tried to make this a funny post, but it turned out to be borderline SA. Don't mean to offend anybody, even DR. T. But, I wanted to show that crap happens no matter what you're doing.

mathewsxt

6 pointer
Aug 24, 2010
Well triplegee you make my day everytime read a post from you. Lol shit just happens sometimes and sometimes you just gotta flush a few more times for the courtesy of it.

ril7572

Cyber-Hunter
Jul 9, 2003
Ky..
OMG, you guthooked a fish:mad:

Nothing wrong with being a boaderline SA, it always seems to work for me:)

dray223

10 pointer
Mar 11, 2010
PS I tried to make this a funny post, but it turned out to be borderline SA. Don't mean to offend anybody, even DR. T. But, I wanted to show that crap happens no matter what you're doing.

Well atleast you tried. Haha Jk

TripleGee

12 pointer
Sep 13, 2003
Somerset
I feel as though I've been relieved of a great and powerful burden. No, wait, I just took a dump. Still feeling the gut hook thing.

Latest posts