A Brief History of Fantastically Wrong Climate Change Predictions

KY_Fried

12 pointer
Nov 13, 2003
Foster, KY, USA.
I can remember a science book back in middle school that had a picture of what NYC would look like in 2020 after all the glaciers melted. I think the ocean was about 10 stories up on the Empire State Building lol!

timer

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2013
La Grange
There is no doubt that the earth is getting warmer. I've been traveling to Alaska for about 35 years and the shrinkage I've seen in the glaciers (Exit Glacier, Portage Glacier, glaciers around Homer, glaciers at the entrance to the Whittier tunnel) has been dramatic and alarming. We've all experienced the warmer winters here in Kentucky.

But I'm not convinced that we - humans - are responsible for the change. Remember, the path of the Ohio River is due to the southernmost edge of the glaciers during the last ice age. Something other than man made the earth warm up back then (solar activity?) and I'm not convinced that the same forces are not responsible for the warming we are seeing today.

I'm also quite convinced that the US and European countries can't do anything to reduce the emissions that "scientists" believe are contributing to global warming without the cooperation of China and India. They are building more coal fired power plants than the rest of the world can shut down - which gives their economies a tremendous competitive advantage. We can't afford to handcuff our economy for efforts we know will be in vain.

EC

12 pointer
Jul 13, 2003
Louisville, KY.
This con has been going on for a long, long time. This generation just happens to bear the most fruit of the suckers. Probably because of the last four generations of selling this crap in government run schools. I recall them pushing this garbage on us in the early 70's.

It's all "Oonga Boonga" Voodoo science. If you don't pay (carbon taxes) the witch doctor (globalists) enough, he won't throw the magic dust into the fire and keep the monsters (climate change) from coming into the village at night to eat you.

Remember, they had to quit calling it 'global warming' to 'climate change'. Because they could further promote the BS during a blizzard or a cool summer.

Climates are cyclical. Always has been. They (so called Scientists) still can't answer where the Ice Age went.

It's all BS and a con to further suck money from you and control you.

proxy-image

proxy-image

proxy-image

proxy-image

proxy-image

Circa 1920s
proxy-image

2018--kids' school magazine
proxy-image

proxy-image

proxy-image

proxy-image

Circa 70s
proxy-image

proxy-image

1996...that's right. If you boil water long enough, it turns into ice. This what this suggests?

proxy-image

Last edited:

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
If I recall right, we were going to be in a second ice age now. After that fad passed, Killer Bees were supposed to take over the United States and wipe out our ecosystem.

Doesn’t matter to me, I’ll be at work or hunting.

Last edited:

pead

6 pointer
Jul 17, 2015
Ohio
This con has been going on for a long, long time. This generation just happens to bear the most fruit of the suckers. Probably because of the last four generations of selling this crap in government run schools. I recall them pushing this garbage on us in the early 70's.

It's all "Oonga Boonga" Voodoo science. If you don't pay (carbon taxes) the witch doctor (globalists) enough, he won't throw the magic dust into the fire and keep the monsters (climate change) from coming into the village at night to eat you.

Remember, they had to quit calling it 'global warming' to 'climate change'. Because they could further promote the BS during a blizzard or a cool summer.

Climates are cyclical. Always has been. They (so called Scientists) still can't answer where the Ice Age went.

It's all BS and a con to further suck money from you and control you.

proxy-image

proxy-image

proxy-image

proxy-image

proxy-image

Circa 1920s
proxy-image

2018--kids' school magazine
proxy-image

proxy-image

proxy-image

proxy-image

Circa 70s
proxy-image

proxy-image

1996...that's right. If you boil water long enough, it turns into ice. This what this suggests?

proxy-image
Exactly, what do they blame the bearing land bridge disappearing on? Industrial nations?

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.
If I recall right, we were going to be in a second ice age now. After that dad passed, Killer Bees were supposed to take over the United States and wipe out our ecosystem.

Doesn’t matter to me, I’ll be at work or hunting.
I remember the great killer bee gossip. We are all supposed to be eat up with them by now.
I'm glad the Internet wasn't around back then. We would have had a bug zapper shortage.

Latest posts