A big snow storm on the way ???

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
News just showed a scene from Morehead area. Looks like it is flat laying it down that way! Y’all be safe in that area.
I am close and it is white out, trees have snow hanging on all the limbs . Still snowing a little bit.
Picture does not show the snow very well.
5HTHvz4.jpg

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Unsurprisingly, wise ole Dan was right on the money. Just walked past a window and pleasantly discovered my deck covered with a light dusting of glistening white powder, guessing maybe 1/16" thus far. It's beneath trees; so, I wouldn't consider such an official measurement. I really do not feel like bundling up, in order to venture outside and take one but will anyway for them, even though they tagged me as a "trained spotter" in their last storm report. Most of those spotters don't know Jack from Jill with regards to weather. Fact.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
1:00AM CST 1/8", taken within blustery cold 32°F with brr cold wind gusts, while some fox continually barked out vixen calls not far to my west (maybe about five houses over within a field). No idea why it is out in this penguin weather.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
:eek::eek:
Only got around 2" here. Roads are slick as snot though with a layer of ice on them. EMS has been busy all night.

My driveway (and if darned bluebird food didn't just land upon my finger again, as I started typing) wasn't slick, when I stepped out to measure. It had melted any snow upon impact, but it might be slick now with temperatures having plummeted some more. Wind chill was 24°F, last I checked with gusts of 20mph.

Gave my readings to lead forecaster and discussed what I had seen earlier upon radar. He felt confident such had been caused by inversion directly over the sloughs, due to their moisture with a trapping effect as the heat attempted to rise, elaborating that he has observed it just after dusk and early mornings.

Just noticed we are currently predicted to have wind chills of -5 to 5 TH morning...:eek:

Last edited:

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Thanks, we are supposed to be there at 10 so we'll play it by how our roads are I guess. And I should have remembered MLK day that's why the wife is off! DUH!

Haven’t been out. Word is most of the main road, like New Circle, Nicholasville, etc…are fine. Sides and neighborhoods are rough. SE side toward Madison got it worse than me. I’m NW. Maybe 1.5-2 here but towards Clays Ferry like 4.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Not much snow, but the roads are slick as snot. My normal 40 minute drive took almost an hour. Never got over 50.

Latest posts