A big snow storm on the way ???

BELLY UP!!!

6 pointer
Jun 14, 2009
lawrenceburg, ky
We keep getting enough of these good snows I might pickup a beater snowmobile of a buddy in Michigan and bring it down. They're even more fun for beer runs

Neighbor across the road goes up north and buys junked ones. Rebuilds them, and resales them. Last year, and this past weekend. He's been running them out my ridge to get the kinks out. I got to hope on one and ride too. Holy crap they are a blast!!

keeruss8

8 pointer
Jun 19, 2016
Marrowbone
Neighbor across the road goes up north and buys junked ones. Rebuilds them, and resales them. Last year, and this past weekend. He's been running them out my ridge to get the kinks out. I got to hope on one and ride too. Holy crap they are a blast!!
I grew up riding them and they're a blast. we looked forward to being snowed out of school and later out of work. We'd ride all night from bar to bar and people would have snowed out parties to hit in between bars. Good times lol. I like a good snow storm so I'm a lil pissed I'll miss it this weekend. I see right now they're calling for another 6" in cumberland county

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
National Weather Service
Paducah KY
314 AM CST
Fri Jan 14 2022​

.SHORT TERM...(Today through Sunday night)
Issued at 314 AM CST
Fri Jan 14 2022

Winter event tonight through Sunday...No headlines are planned at
this time. 1st part of the event tonight and Saturday still looks somewhat on track. Parent upper low over the Central Plains will head south to the Arklatex region through Saturday. WAA, isentropic lift will extend far enough east with adequate moisture and frontogenetic forcing to produce rain, transitioning to a rain/snow mix and then more toward snow Friday night through Saturday from north to south across the region. May start to see some accumulation on mainly grassy and elevated surfaces late Friday night along and just to the south of the I-64 corridor. That axis will shift south Saturday morning as colder air deepens and works south, focusing along Route 13 back toward Perryville. By Saturday afternoon the main focus will be over southeast Missouri, with some minor accumulations extending east into west Kentucky far southern Illinois. Antecedent conditions, including
forecast temperatures generally at or above freezing, and road conditions will probably limit travel impacts.

As the upper low heads east Saturday night, reaching far west Alabama by Sunday morning, the focus will be on how far north the deformation precip shield will reach. We will dry out from north to south as this transition occurs. The trend continues farther south, meaning the Saturday night/Sunday event may be, well a non event, with focus on our counties that border TN. These deformation regions usually end up with a very tight gradient on the north side. That makes this forecast very difficult, and low confidence for west Kentucky and back toward the Missouri Bootheel region. We will maintain some accumulation of snow south of a Greenville, Kentucky to New Madrid, Missouri line. We have produced some snowfall graphics that will end up on our webpage. But bear in mind confidence is low, and for now all we will say is a couple of inches is possible north of the KY/TN state line, maybe more if the models shift back to the north, maybe less. Very difficult to say. Sunday night the activity will be out of the area, with dry and cold conditions anticipated. Overall, the ECMWF/ECENS has probably been the most reasonable model. None have been particularly beneficial in boosting our confidence any..

Swing and a whiff lol. Like I said, snowfall amount forecasts outside of 36 hours are fairy tales. One caveat is if the low swings 20-25 miles north of this and then a lot more of the state would correspondingly receive higher amounts.

07EDFE2D-BE93-4146-B4B1-AD18B164ECB0.jpeg

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Swing and a whiff lol. Like I said, snowfall amount forecasts outside of 36 hours are fairy tales. One caveat is if the low swings 20-25 miles north of this and then a lot more of the state would correspondingly receive higher amounts.

View attachment 96574

Well now, focusing your efforts upon little ole liberal WPSD was your first mistake. It is no match for Old Man Winter. You might want to begin here:

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/products/satellite-meteorology

and perhaps here:

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/products/radar

Just a tip! ;)

Meanwhile, old yeller lab returned and is now safely inside, returning for his collar and amazingly still clean. My three beasts are hating it. I shall eventually determine whom happens to be his Doofus master.

Last edited:

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
My Brother just informed me there is a 75% chance, in central KY, of 1/4" of Ice accumulation with 1" of snow on top, with a higher chance of more Ice than snow. A "nose" of warm air aloft is the reason, and he said this will be our normal winters due, in part, of climate change.

Latest posts