A big snow storm on the way ???

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by WildmanWilson, Jan 12, 2022 at 4:29 PM.

1. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    E-Z P-Z, Little Friar. You are going to give yourself a heart attack, if you don't get a grip upon it. They would quickly learn how much it helps, if they came down south and tried to drive a mile without such, during the rare snow storms.

2. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Trump town, USA
    This is the guy I was talking about on YouTube. Nailed December storms and last weekends. Also nailed cold fronts.

3. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Trump town, USA
    You are getting a bit butthurt. We have all seen mysterious plowing when you know the county/state official is behind them. The problem is ignorance and frankly goes to the top of heap. For example you could plow and spread almost anything other salt or melting agents, and the benefit would be greater. I have worked all over north central U.S. and can tell you sand beats salt to a pulp. Never will forget hauling a mid size excavator on a Minneapolis January day and being pretty scared and a school bus loaded with kids dusted me. Soon after I got accustomed and learned how to drive.

I understand Ky is not Minneapolis but it is when temperatures are falling, why treat and turn roads to ice?Its insane!

4. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    My bad bud. Not trying to “diss” anyone other than one particular driver for the city of Edgewood that put 20 yards of salt down in one subdivision as pretreatment. The pavement was literally white with salt and you could hear it hitting the bottom of your vehicle as you drive over it. It snowed and the road quickly covered over. Not sure it did anything but waste time and money. I truly don’t mean to make light of the troubles drivers face and Im thankful for those that are gainfully employed to do so.

Winchester94 and Little FR like this.
  5. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Yeah, the only thing I was talking about was the pre treatment. I personally don't see the benefit. Maybe I'm missing something but when the snow doesn't melt whatsoever when it starts and still leaves a layer of snow when its plowed, How is it helping? I know nothing can work miracles but salt, sand, and plowing does help. I remember them even using beet juice but still didn't see that helped either. I hope you didn't take my reply as disrespect for a tough job.

EdLongshanks and Little FR like this.
  6. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 10 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
  7. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    That’s what she said.

predator1 and FF/EMT516 like this.
  8. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I heard 4-8" from one place, 8-12" from another. So we'll get 1-2" out 2'!

9. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 10 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    Haven’t seen Falls City in a while. Do they still make it?

10. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    It has expanded in craft beer the past few years. Tried 2 and they were nasty

11. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    We got some under two feet coming around here

12. KY_Fried

KY_Fried 12 pointer

Nov 13, 2003
    Foster, KY, USA.
    Saw a Campbell county truck go by work this morning dumping salt and brine THREE DAYS before we're suposed yo get snow. Money well spent there :rolleyes:

JR in KY likes this.
  13. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    Ryan Hall is talking about a significant ice event occurring with the coming storm. He hasn't seen enough to place where it will land but he said to be prepared for the possibility from east of the Appalachian in Kentucky through the Carolinas and Georgia. He was talking about possible 3/4 to 1" of ice somewhere in that path.

14. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 10 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    That's the front end of the storm.

G

EdLongshanks and GTbowhunter like this.