A big snow storm on the way ???

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Everybody can do it better…. Not saying your drivers don’t do a poor job intentionally but, have you tried running a plow truck for 16hrs straight? All while everybody is being hateful. Trying not to sling salt on the cars, trying not to smoke mailboxes, trying not to block driveways with snow, watching for manholes and bridges that will wreck you (Ive busted both headlights out of a brand new truck on a bridge) All while folks are making the roads dangerous by driving too fast in the wrong lane to get a sausage biscuit from the gas station.

Ive seen what happens when the roads don’t get treated or plowed. In the wrong conditions it’s a death trap that lingers. In the best case scenario the salt and plow were unnecessary but you have to prepare for the worst and pray for the best.

I’m out on this one, I’ll leave y’all to dissing people trying to make you and your family safer, while not getting to be with theirs. Maybe the fire department or EMTs.

E-Z P-Z, Little Friar. You are going to give yourself a heart attack, if you don't get a grip upon it. They would quickly learn how much it helps, if they came down south and tried to drive a mile without such, during the rare snow storms.

slobear

12 pointer
Nov 20, 2014
Trump town, USA
Everybody can do it better…. Not saying your drivers don’t do a poor job intentionally but, have you tried running a plow truck for 16hrs straight? All while everybody is being hateful. Trying not to sling salt on the cars, trying not to smoke mailboxes, trying not to block driveways with snow, watching for manholes and bridges that will wreck you (Ive busted both headlights out of a brand new truck on a bridge) All while folks are making the roads dangerous by driving too fast in the wrong lane to get a sausage biscuit from the gas station.

Ive seen what happens when the roads don’t get treated or plowed. In the wrong conditions it’s a death trap that lingers. In the best case scenario the salt and plow were unnecessary but you have to prepare for the worst and pray for the best.

I’m out on this one, I’ll leave y’all to dissing people trying to make you and your family safer, while not getting to be with theirs. Maybe the fire department or EMTs.
You are getting a bit butthurt. We have all seen mysterious plowing when you know the county/state official is behind them. The problem is ignorance and frankly goes to the top of heap. For example you could plow and spread almost anything other salt or melting agents, and the benefit would be greater. I have worked all over north central U.S. and can tell you sand beats salt to a pulp. Never will forget hauling a mid size excavator on a Minneapolis January day and being pretty scared and a school bus loaded with kids dusted me. Soon after I got accustomed and learned how to drive.

I understand Ky is not Minneapolis but it is when temperatures are falling, why treat and turn roads to ice?Its insane!

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky

My bad bud. Not trying to “diss” anyone other than one particular driver for the city of Edgewood that put 20 yards of salt down in one subdivision as pretreatment. The pavement was literally white with salt and you could hear it hitting the bottom of your vehicle as you drive over it. It snowed and the road quickly covered over. Not sure it did anything but waste time and money. I truly don’t mean to make light of the troubles drivers face and Im thankful for those that are gainfully employed to do so.

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.

Yeah, the only thing I was talking about was the pre treatment. I personally don't see the benefit. Maybe I'm missing something but when the snow doesn't melt whatsoever when it starts and still leaves a layer of snow when its plowed, How is it helping? I know nothing can work miracles but salt, sand, and plowing does help. I remember them even using beet juice but still didn't see that helped either. I hope you didn't take my reply as disrespect for a tough job.

ribsplitter

Cyber-Hunter
Jan 19, 2004
Greenup, ky, USA.
Ryan Hall is talking about a significant ice event occurring with the coming storm. He hasn't seen enough to place where it will land but he said to be prepared for the possibility from east of the Appalachian in Kentucky through the Carolinas and Georgia. He was talking about possible 3/4 to 1" of ice somewhere in that path.

Latest posts