A big snow storm on the way ???

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Had about 1/2 inch and some ice at my house Lex. Got about 6 miles up the road and there was nothing.

redlickranch

10 pointer
Dec 11, 2007
Bullitt County
Went to Lexington today from Mt Washington. I-64 was clear and didn't see really any snow until we got to the Airport in Lexington. Parking lots were mostly clear so no worries about getting out and about today.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
All I care about are wind chill values right now. I have momentarily shut myself into the smallest room with heat vent, after having gone outside to tape up my bluebird boxes and give my lovelies more seed, without gloves, thinking I would be out/in lightning speed.

Wrong. 3M tape split upon its roll causing quite the fuss out there. Mission stubbornly accomplished, but my hands are only now slowly stopping their burning sensation, enough to type this...

Equally as bad, beforing being an idiot, I discovered the back door had been blown ajar and evidentally for a good while, because the floors had become cold along with all else. Really need to take a moment and reattach that lock's turn knob, so that I can lock that back door like a normal human being would do so.

It's so darn penquin cold out there, the top of my left foot was cramped upon awakening this morning. The digital thermostat reading nor anything else can fool my feet, when cold weather is about, they know better.

###
Mission accomplished. Warmed myself up enough to go back outside and set four outdoor spigots to drip (forgot to do so last night).

Does One Dripping Faucet Really Prevent Frozen Pipes?

...When a cold snap hovers around or below 20 degrees Fahrenheit (-6 degrees Celsius), it's time to let at least one faucet drip...

https://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/plumbing/dripping-faucet-prevent-frozen-pipes.htm

Last edited:

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
11:30AM CST -Just experienced the strangest thing.

Let my dogs out a side door and noticed some very small snow flurries fluttering about, with the sun shinning. Thought surely it must be residual blowing from atop some trees, even though I don't see any snow remaining upon branches, or perhaps the rooftop, but upon further investigation, it is spitting snow here with broken skies, some obviously snow clouds seen from the front door.

Very weird. Not within the forecast; thus, I contacted NWS Paducah and provided observation report. Whomever took it was a bit surprised, as well.

Last edited:

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Big snowflakes now, bunches of them...(called him back and told him so lol...). He said it would be short-lived. Told him I did not care, because it was seriously cool looking upon initiation with sunshine (almost completely cloudy at this point). I can now say that I have seen it snow while the sun is shining! :cool:

https://radar.weather.gov/?settings...FN0YXRpb25zIjowLjgsIm5hdGlvbmFsIjowLjZ9fQ==#/

NWS Paducah radar currently going in/out, but one can easily switch to another radar close-by, via that previous link, and/or seen here (activate loop, then enlarge map):

https://mrms.nssl.noaa.gov/qvs/product_viewer//

Last edited:

Latest posts